Talk

Advanced search

Telford and Shrewsbury next for riots???

(21 Posts)
westmidlandsgirl Wed 10-Aug-11 15:00:37

I'm hearing rumors of riots already started in Shrewsbury game station?? Any one know if this is true? Also hearing riots will start tonight and Saturday in S/bury and Telford?

Hope it ends soon all these poor ppl having their homes and business destroyed by these criminals it's so horrible it's getting a bit to close to home now.

I have lots of family in S/bury mostly eldery and i'm a bit worried with all this talk sad.

OracleInaCoracle Wed 10-Aug-11 15:03:36

I was in town (shrewsbury) earlier and saw one police van with lights and sirens going down the walkway, about 2h ago, but seen/heard nowt else. But I'm in ford. Is there anyone in town you would like me to look in on tomorrow?

OracleInaCoracle Wed 10-Aug-11 15:03:37

I was in town (shrewsbury) earlier and saw one police van with lights and sirens going down the walkway, about 2h ago, but seen/heard nowt else. But I'm in ford. Is there anyone in town you would like me to look in on tomorrow?

OracleInaCoracle Wed 10-Aug-11 15:05:05

There is a police presence.

OracleInaCoracle Wed 10-Aug-11 15:05:10

There is a police presence.

westmidlandsgirl Wed 10-Aug-11 15:10:05

Thankyou lissielou just heard off the relative i was very concerned for and they are off to my uncles out in nescliffe (think that will miss the trouble). So hopefully they will be ok.
Shrewsbury is my home town and as i said many relatives and friends there still, i would be devastated to hear it's been hit by these thugs.

MacGuffin Wed 10-Aug-11 15:11:02

shock - WMG - where did you hear about this?

westmidlandsgirl Wed 10-Aug-11 15:15:02

FB and twitter. My friend who lives in s/bury said talk of riots is everywhere and her friend is a fireman and they are on high alert for trouble!

As i said i don't know if it's just ppl starting rumors and trying to scare everyone but i wouldn't be suprised if some little silly chav's jump on the band wagon. Such a shame it's the flower show this w/end too.

OracleInaCoracle Wed 10-Aug-11 15:15:58

Ok, if you need me to do anything just inbox me.

OracleInaCoracle Wed 10-Aug-11 15:16:00

Ok, if you need me to do anything just inbox me.

westmidlandsgirl Wed 10-Aug-11 15:16:26

Thankyou smile

MacGuffin Wed 10-Aug-11 15:25:37

Eeek - hope it's just some twat put a brick through the window for kicks...but it seems no area is safe ..

HedleyLamarr Wed 10-Aug-11 17:09:00

Don't be in Wellington on Saturday, there is an EDL march on, so the possibility for trouble is high. Hopefully any violence will be contained to one small area. I know the area quite well and used to be one of only two non moslems out of twenty workers for a firm there. They were lovely people to be around, and to work for and with.

westmidlandsgirl Wed 10-Aug-11 17:16:15

They are trying to cancel the march due to riots apparently. It was on radio shropshire before.

TartyMcFarty Thu 11-Aug-11 21:57:19

There was a bit of trouble in the Harlescott area last night, I believe, and some chancer ran out of my local Co-op with a basket before hmm

I get a real feeling that some people feel pumped by the riots and are strutting with a new arrogance.

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Thu 11-Aug-11 22:07:10

I'm in Telford this week instead of Shrewsbury, and I'll second Hedley's advice. Avoid Wellington at all costs.

And I'm working at the Flower Show this weekend, and there have been whispers about expecting trouble, but I was under the impression it's not being taken very seriously. I hate not living at home, I feel so out of touch.

I'll post here if I hear anything.

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Thu 11-Aug-11 22:08:53

Oh, the marches were going to be around the Bucks Head area, but now that AFC Telford have postponed the Luton match its looking less likely that the march will hapen.

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Thu 11-Aug-11 22:10:20

Sorry, you probably know all that already now - just noticed this thread's from yesterday blush

HedleyLamarr Fri 12-Aug-11 09:20:38

It's good the match is postponed. It probably wasn't a coincidence the march was scheduled for this game tbh.

OracleInaCoracle Fri 12-Aug-11 12:53:21

None of the supermarkets are delivering in telford according to pils, although we are having an asda delivery tomorrow to ford.

OracleInaCoracle Fri 12-Aug-11 12:53:22

None of the supermarkets are delivering in telford according to pils, although we are having an asda delivery tomorrow to ford.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now