Talk

Advanced search

Uk Riots? Don't think so..

(11 Posts)
redlac6 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:09:12

why are Sky news & BBC news headlining this as UK riots? It's almost as if they are willing this to spread to the other countries of the UK

Monty27 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:14:53

Redlac I agree confused. I haven't heard of anything happening in the other countries and hopefully it doesn't.

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 21:16:38

i noticed this,obviously its no longer just london!

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 21:17:32

scotland....there is a thread

rumours only about wales

cjbartlett Tue 09-Aug-11 21:18:10

Well it isn't London tonight, it's Manchester hmm

Hoopsadazy Tue 09-Aug-11 21:20:54

I think the reference to the UK is because so many people overseas referenece the BBC, so it is to distinguish that it is not Greece, Libya....

redlac6 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:33:10

Aye but all this means is that my country looks like there are riots when there is not. Scotland depends hugely on tourism and thanks to the BBC and sky the world thinks we are

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 10-Aug-11 15:32:57

Watching BBC 24 hour News I noticed that they not only referred to 'Yookay' a lot but also felt obliged to point out London was the capital city, Clapham Junction is a part of London & that Salford is a city next door to Manchester and that they are both in the North of England. Definitely for an international audience.

GypsyMoth Wed 10-Aug-11 15:53:36

bbc have reported 2 remanded in custody in scotland for using facebook to encourage riots.....that is involvement in my mind. No?

redlac6 Wed 10-Aug-11 16:05:51

No Tiff cos Scotland isn't rioting. That was a wee ned of 16 being a fanny on facebook

GypsyMoth Wed 10-Aug-11 16:12:03

yes,2 more now are being remanded in custody by court of scotland....whatever that means,reported half an hour ago. could be thin end of the wedge. hope it doesnt escalate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now