Advanced search

Manchester - what's going on?

(37 Posts)
pjani Tue 09-Aug-11 20:34:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 20:38:19

lidl looted,a bbc reporters van burnt out.....sounds worse than london tbh

Pan Tue 09-Aug-11 20:40:48

there is a M/c Police tweet feed tho' I ahve no idea how to link to it.

Picc gardens and the surrounding bits are cordoned off. Police actually arresting people.

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 20:41:02

salford housing dept was on fire at some point too

maypole1 Tue 09-Aug-11 20:41:50

Same a yesterday police twiddle their thumbs down here while it kicks off up in manchester

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 20:41:58

on my twitter feed it says many are 'known to police'

MrsChemist Tue 09-Aug-11 20:42:33

Here is the link to the GM police twitter feed smile

pjani Tue 09-Aug-11 20:42:36

So all city centre so far, hopefully not too widespread... I've just heard a few sirens (am in south Manchester).

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 20:42:59

twiddle their thumbs? dont be stupid maypole!!

pjani Tue 09-Aug-11 20:43:39

[[ http://t.co/IU9VtzD Planking]] during a riot...

pjani Tue 09-Aug-11 20:44:10

Balls. Planking that is.

Pan Tue 09-Aug-11 20:45:50

maypole - what are you on?

maypole1 Tue 09-Aug-11 20:50:57

All the police have been deployed in London their are no riots whilst in Manchester all he'll breaks loose

The scum are two steps ahead and the police are on the back foot Yet again

They cannot cope bring in the army

Two rubber bullets in just one of those little gist and they will all go home

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 20:56:45

the army cant do anything....no police powers,they wouldnt be armed.....nothing!!!

it will all kick off LATER in LONDON....the police arent daft!!

CHBitchy Tue 09-Aug-11 20:57:46

facebook page where people are reporting stuff not sure how much it verifible but I had to chuckle at the comment about looting poundland being an all time low.

maypole1 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:01:23

Why can't the army do any thing

I would like to see one phot those yobs try to push a parra they would get their arm snapped off

You don't need police powers to shoot a rubber bullets snatch these kids off the streets the uk is now lawless the parents won't do anything , the police can't so lets let the army have a go god things can't get any worse

maypole1 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:03:20

Chbitchy, thats how you know these kids have no political agenda pound land

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 21:03:55

snapping arms off would result in the para being disciplined,lose his job etc!!! great eh?

maypole1 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:09:13

Thats whats wrong with this whole thing as as the adults would get it

nenevomito Tue 09-Aug-11 21:14:32

If you want decent and trustworthy updates follow Manchester Confidential

They are updating regularly.

CHBitchy Tue 09-Aug-11 21:16:08

I was never under any impression that there was any political agenda. especially not in manchester. perhaps possibly the first night in the area directly affected but as for the rest of it. oportunistic is how i would describe it.

<disclaimer alcohol consumption might mean that this post is actually utter rubbish, enough consumed to not give a shit about it atm>

CHBitchy Tue 09-Aug-11 21:18:52

The sense of the post not the riots. blush

<goes back to lurking>

pjani Tue 09-Aug-11 21:54:14

maypole I think you should calm down a bit! I suspect you probably like living in a country with a reasonable justice system - when things get heavy-handed innocents get hurt too.

And CHbitchy I don't get the feeling there's any political agenda either, just an adrenalin rush from smashing shit up and greed.

maypole1 Tue 09-Aug-11 22:17:50

What ever if you are out in Manchester at this time of night in this climate you are looking for trouble and if we had a little less sandal wearing and a bit more batons this wouldn't have got this far

We are here because the lefties always want to understand and talk about human rights

What about mine not to be a prisoner in my own home or to sleep with out. Pice of wood because I can here people trying to get in

CHBitchy Tue 09-Aug-11 22:46:53

Maypole that is the biggest load of bullshit i have heard in a while. I was in the city centre when the last riots kicked off. We physically couldn't get out of the city because we were constantly directed away from the roads that would give us access to the trainstations. the trams weren't running. the buses weren't running. we were stuck for a good couple of hours and weren't in the centre out of choice. we wanted to get the hell out of there and want to go home.

Admittedly there are people who are in the city for the sole purpose of chaos and rioting but there are workers who can't get home. People who have been on day trips and the trains/trams aren't running through. People who live in the city.

It simply isnt as simple as you would like to put it. Fucking scarey perhaps but violence and shooting them is only going to enrage the city. and the city enraged is a far scarier place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now