Talk

Advanced search

Riots: my neighbourhood is next

(18 Posts)
sparks Tue 09-Aug-11 15:02:34

Don't know if it's hoax or not, but just read this on riotcleanup.com

09/08/2011 TONIGHTS PLANNED RIOTS ARE TAKING PLACE IN:

Acton W3 Kensal Green NW10 Aldgate EC3 Kensington central W8 Alexandra Palace N22 Kensington North W10 Anerley SE20 Kensington South SW7 Archway N19 Kensington West W14 Balham SW12 Kentish Town NW5 Barbican EC1 Kidbrooke

bring bricks crowbars and olymic torches"

angry

sparks Tue 09-Aug-11 15:08:01

Just thinking about how I will collect my dd and bring her home safely. Would it be better going by tube or bus? Why do we have to live like this?

teejwood Tue 09-Aug-11 15:10:46

sparks do whatever is quickest and do it quickly.
things are already kicking off in se london.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 09-Aug-11 15:27:00

There is all kinds of rumour, gossip and misinformation going around at the moment. The best advice from the police is to keep yourself and your family indoors. Collect your DD however you would usually do it. Stay alert and get home as fast as you can.

glitterkitty Tue 09-Aug-11 17:22:54

What, where in SE London!?!?

Marjoriew Tue 09-Aug-11 17:53:35

Here too in High Wycombe. We are preparing for trouble here. Apparently the intelligence is that they are heading for the large Wycombe retail park here. Unusual number of police in town as I was going home.

teejwood Tue 09-Aug-11 18:20:00

sorry glitter been on work conf call. shops in peckham advised to shut down around lunchtime today; there were gangs already hanging around rye lane by that point. i thought they'd be asleep till mid-afternoon at least...

teejwood Tue 09-Aug-11 18:22:51

oh - and saw the gangs and the shops bringing down the shutters with my own eyes. dragged the kids home pronto so know not what happened thereafter. there were various reports on twitter but that it is not entirely reliable and heard sirens, chopper at certain points but it seems quieter at the mo.
<famous last words>

Gastonladybird Tue 09-Aug-11 18:33:56

Kidbrooke?! Wtf

Marjoriew Tue 09-Aug-11 18:37:14

Slough McDonalds on fire and Tesco Car Park attacked.

glitterkitty Tue 09-Aug-11 18:38:44

Yeah Kidbrooke not far from me either. Lots of sirens but nothing else yet

DrPolidori Tue 09-Aug-11 19:49:29

DS in EC1. Shit.

DrPolidori Tue 09-Aug-11 19:50:18

I mean barbican....

MaureenMLove Tue 09-Aug-11 19:52:17

This is a useful link, for those that are worried. smile

BeattieBow Tue 09-Aug-11 19:54:14

ooh I'm on there too. Not quite sure that the shops of Kentish Town hold much valuable loot though (Poundstretchers?).

I'm wondering whether my sainsbury's delivery is going to be hit (sorry mundane).

MaureenMLove Tue 09-Aug-11 20:27:22

I'm getting a leetle bit sick of peoples hysteria tbh. I've posted on that site, I linked to. Someone just said that a shop was on fire in my town. I am so close, that I would hear the emergency services going to it! I can hear absolutely nothing!

BeattieBow Tue 09-Aug-11 20:47:11

my sainsburys delivery has been cancelled grr (camden sainsbury's closed alot of the day apparently). i'm sick of it too now!

Marjoriew Wed 10-Aug-11 07:51:26

A friend of my daughter's broke her leg and needed to use a wheelchair. The hospital sent her to the Red Cross shop to pick one up. When she got there, they were in the process of closing and said the police had advised them to and she couldn't even get the wheelchair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now