here

hmm

giyadas Thu 28-Jul-11 12:07:19

What an insensitive arse.
Not much else I can add really.

slug Thu 28-Jul-11 12:10:11

Morrisy is, for example, a twat

organicgardener Thu 28-Jul-11 12:32:10

His views on the Irish problem are just as intellectually stunted too.

AMumInScotland Thu 28-Jul-11 12:44:55

Yeah well I had him pegged for a twat long ago. Back when he brought out "Meat is Murder" I read an interview with him. The interviewer pointed out that he (Morrissey) was wearing leather shoes, and wasn't that a bit iffy? Got the reply that "there wasn't really an alternative".

Right yeah, so meat is murder but leather isn't because you don't want to wear something that looks a bit cheap then.... hmm

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 28-Jul-11 12:46:01

Twat.

TheCrackFox Thu 28-Jul-11 13:17:10

What an arse.

ThePosieParker Thu 28-Jul-11 13:18:30

His music is shit and his opinions are twattish. Why oh why do these failing pop stars think anyone gives a shit about what they think?

cornsilksy Thu 28-Jul-11 13:21:27

Disgusting man.

QuintessentialShadow Thu 28-Jul-11 13:31:31

I remember reading an interview with Simon Le Bon when I was a teen. He said that If you were a bit thick, and you wanted to succeed, your only options were to go for either football or music. Seems to be true in Morriseys case at least.

TheRhubarb Thu 28-Jul-11 13:36:47

Just seen this on a facebook posting and someone replied saying that 76 dead in Norway is awful, but 153 animals killed unnecessarily every day is incomprehensible.

I don't care whether you want to be vegan or veggie, but to compare a human massacre with the killing of animals is truly disgusting and shows not only insensitivity but complete and utter ignorance. I say that as an animal lover. Killing animals is not at all on a par with killing humans. What next? Will lions be arrested for killing and eating zebras?

ThePosieParker Thu 28-Jul-11 13:45:48

What's unnecessary about food?

AMumInScotland Thu 28-Jul-11 13:58:49

I'm glad that (according the article at least) many of his fans went straight home and went on forums to "slam" his remarks. It's simply disgusting to equate murdering people with slaughtering animals for food.

People can feel that slaughtering animals is disgusting too, but that doesn't make the two things equal.

QuintessentialShadow Thu 28-Jul-11 21:24:14

It is ignorance. Pure and simple.

dolldaggabuzzbuzz Fri 29-Jul-11 13:32:11

Viva Morrissey - Nothing's changed. I still love you. xxx

SalmeMurrikAgain Fri 29-Jul-11 22:31:57

"Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to,
My love..."

Sorry, couldn't resist smile

I was worried he might have said something stupid about Islam or immigration, you never know with Mozzer these days. Oh well confused

flippinada Sat 30-Jul-11 11:51:03

Morrissey has always been a tedious, whinging, attention seeking twat.

Tragic and horrible events like this always bring out tedious attention seekers like him.

EdithWeston Sat 30-Jul-11 11:56:33

Vile statement.

(And I don't think you should wear anything you wouldn't eat).

stupefy Sat 30-Jul-11 11:57:03

What a knob.

jodevizes Sat 30-Jul-11 17:47:08

Well I think he was wrong to put Oslo together with the fast food industry. Insensitive in the extreme and the animal part was not a good example. That said, fast food and food manufacturers that put saturated fats into their products have been a huge contributor to many thousands of deaths and still they are allowed to do so.

In the US they are getting the message and it is being banned in certain metropolitan areas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now