Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching the Select Committee?

(124 Posts)
sittinginthesun Tue 19-Jul-11 14:00:00

They seem to be talking a lot, and not saying very much.

BenHer Tue 19-Jul-11 14:31:35

Indeed.If the bunch interviewing Rebekah and the Murdochs are as inept as this lot,then they run the risk of deflecting public outrage away from NI and back onto themselves.Petty grandstanding in the main imho.

caramelwaffle Tue 19-Jul-11 14:44:01

Am listening to it live on the radio.

shock

So many words - so little being said.

HappyDoll Tue 19-Jul-11 14:44:45

Most humble day of my life. Pah.

caramelwaffle Tue 19-Jul-11 14:46:57

Ah yes.

More like has been humbled.

sittinginthesun Tue 19-Jul-11 14:54:51

It's painful listening. He clearly thinks he's above it all.

caramelwaffle Tue 19-Jul-11 14:57:13

Ooooooooooooo

It makes VERY painful listening!

WhereIsMyFreeGoat Tue 19-Jul-11 14:57:59

He has such arrogance it beggars belief.

sittinginthesun Tue 19-Jul-11 15:02:28

Tom Watson is enjoying himself.

WhereIsMyFreeGoat Tue 19-Jul-11 15:05:11

Tom Watson is my new hero!!

TalkinPeace2 Tue 19-Jul-11 15:05:14

MUST remember to do school run
BUT
this is GREAT TV
Watson deserves a medal
James is slimy beyond belief
Wendi looks fit to spit
Rupert just looks old

sittinginthesun Tue 19-Jul-11 15:07:41

School run!!! DS1 on school trip today - must remember to show interest and not rush straight back to telly.

Think Rupes has shown that he is no way fit to run a multi national media empire. He can hardly remember his name.

frillyflower Tue 19-Jul-11 15:08:17

Why is Wendi even there?

WhereIsMyFreeGoat Tue 19-Jul-11 15:09:05

Loving the way Watson keeps telling James to wind his neck in.
Rupert doesn't seem to know anything about anything.

TalkinPeace2 Tue 19-Jul-11 15:14:41

YES
YES
YES
Tax the people who received payoffs
YES YES YES
Slime out of that one James my boy

smallwhitecat Tue 19-Jul-11 15:18:14

Message withdrawn

WhereIsMyFreeGoat Tue 19-Jul-11 15:20:38

I bet they are under investigation!

TwoIfBySea Tue 19-Jul-11 15:20:41

Murdoch snr was doing a grand job of making it look like they were picking on a doddery old man. Or maybe his is missing a white cat to languidly stroke while threatening world order.

Typical of Jim Sheridan to bring up which door Murdoch used to get in to No. 10. Cause none of that went on under Labour did it Jim? [Hmm]

TwoIfBySea Tue 19-Jul-11 15:20:41

Murdoch snr was doing a grand job of making it look like they were picking on a doddery old man. Or maybe his is missing a white cat to languidly stroke while threatening world order.

Typical of Jim Sheridan to bring up which door Murdoch used to get in to No. 10. Cause none of that went on under Labour did it Jim? [Hmm]

sittinginthesun Tue 19-Jul-11 15:24:33

They don't seem to know/do very much, do they? Cushy job, running such an empire.

WhereIsMyFreeGoat Tue 19-Jul-11 15:28:04

I could sit in a nice office and know nothing for a huge salary, how would I get a job like that?

They know sweet FA

sittinginthesun Tue 19-Jul-11 15:43:00

Wilful blindness. Love it!

Noelgallaghersguitar Tue 19-Jul-11 15:49:45

Definitely wilful blindness. I didn't think Tony Hayward did v well over gulf of Mexico in US but the Murdoch's are clearly unable to explain internal delegations of authority or their instructions and expectations of senior executives. They have contradicted themselves and must surely be picked up on some of these. I object in strongest terms to Murdoch Snr claiming free press is worth offensive headlines and ultimately phone hacking. Murdoch Jnr is just so smug.

TwoIfBySea Tue 19-Jul-11 15:49:55

Freegoat, you stand behind me in the queue, I'd love a well cushioned salary for pottering about. Bet we'd do a better job of it.

Is it me or do they have the air of people who could have the committee members taken out like in that Batman episode where UN members drank the water provided only to turn into coloured piles of dust because it had been spiked by the Penguin. Just saying.

Apologies if this posts twice because I'm being lazy & using t'phone...me & technology.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now