Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have you faith in the police investigation?

(13 Posts)
bkgirl Sun 17-Jul-11 19:59:44

I have to admit I am struggling - especially with Rebekah's timely arrest, Paul Stephenson's lengthy holiday in Champneys, pressurising the Guardian to drop the investigation, the extremely cosy relationship etc.

Do you think the FBI have gained access to the bin bags of evidence?

Do you think they could try and extradite her, hence the arrest to keep her here with a friendly force?

I have become so sickened and disillusioned with the whole lot and think they are rotten to the core.

bkgirl Sun 17-Jul-11 20:00:47

just told paul stephenson retired - huh.

kayah Sun 17-Jul-11 20:02:25

I think they are in each other's pockets.

It was a question of time when it was going to become public.

I do agree wit hyou - don't trust police any more.
THey are going to have to work hard to prove to people like us that they are honest and operate withing the law and moreals too.

kayah Sun 17-Jul-11 20:13:58

I think paul stephenson quit

www.channel4.com/news/metropolitan-police-commissioner-sir-paul-stephenson-quits

Mellowfruitfulness Sun 17-Jul-11 21:38:23

I'm not sure I understand why it's always supposed to be the fault of the person at the top.

I wouldn't blame my manager if I decided to take bribes or sell information about the institution I work for.

bkgirl Sun 17-Jul-11 22:04:06

Er he must have given the ok for RB to be arrested to save her from being grilled by parliament. He personally shut down and tried to stop any investigations in to this. His behaviour stinks at the very least. Frankly he needs investigated to see if he was complicit.

kayah Sun 17-Jul-11 22:07:26

It is going to be interesting to see if Ian Blair was involved too.

Pedallleur Sun 17-Jul-11 22:13:58

No. The Police were using an ex-NI journalist to advise them even whilst they were trying to get the Guardian to drop the case. I'll say that corruption has always gone on but the way this one was done is scary. It seems as if the Police were quite happy to hamper their own investigations. Prob. a lot more to come out and to be swept under the carpet

Mellowfruitfulness Sun 17-Jul-11 22:20:34

Understood, bkgirl. Possible cottonwool moment. As you were.

bkgirl Sun 17-Jul-11 22:21:28

smile

soymama Sun 17-Jul-11 22:45:13

I think they are all in this together! I have little/no faith in the justice system or the police. Not the average bobby on the beat, they do a great job.

cookcleanerchaufferetc Mon 18-Jul-11 09:55:33

No, but not because I don't have trust in the pice, but because they are under the rule of the Home Office, who I do not trust at all. What the police do is down to the home office.

I think that corruption in this country has been growing for the past ten years and getting beyond a joke.

Nancy66 Mon 18-Jul-11 10:54:29

Nope - but then I think the majority of investigation are a waste of time and money - take years, cost a fortune and solve nothing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now