Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How many of you have cancelled your Sky Sports/Movies subscriptions?

(58 Posts)
Dianella Fri 08-Jul-11 23:11:20

I have. It's the one way we can punish Murdoch and save ourselves some money at the same time!

TheFalcon Fri 08-Jul-11 23:11:59

I never subscribed to them in the first place.

Have you cancelled Sky altogether or just Sports and Movies?

feckwit Fri 08-Jul-11 23:12:50

Honestly... I think we should but was outvoted in the family!

Dianella Fri 08-Jul-11 23:13:40

I have Virgin Media, so just phoned them to cancel sky sports and saved£22.50 a month!

FessaEst Fri 08-Jul-11 23:14:24

Yup, cancelled all Sky yesterday.

TBH, have petitioned DH to do so for a long time for financial reasons, and yesterday just put the nail in the coffin.

Dianella Fri 08-Jul-11 23:14:46

Take an executive decision feckwit and just do it.

bitsyandbetty Fri 08-Jul-11 23:17:05

Just cancelled Movies because can't afford it anymore. We have no cable so can only get Freeview which I would be happy with but DH likes the sport too much.

Doowrah Sat 09-Jul-11 20:56:09

Yep and haven't looked back.

fridascruffs Sat 09-Jul-11 21:25:07

Don't have a TV but I have reluctantly bought the Sunday Times when I want a sunday paper (not very often) as I don't like to support Murdoch with my bucks. But I'll stop that too now.

Snorbs Sat 09-Jul-11 21:43:34

We've never had Sky due to my dislike of Murdoch's business practises. I'm tempted to sign up just so I can cancel grin

Didn't have it in the first place. And have not bought any Murdoch papers for years. The other day I was offered a free copy of the Times and took it while remarking loudly that I didn't mind a free one but Murdoch wasn't having any of MY money.

Meglet Sat 09-Jul-11 21:49:32

Never had it. But have stopped watching Sky news on freeview.

Don't buy their papers anyway.

OddBoots Sat 09-Jul-11 21:49:43

We cancelled all our Sky.

mayorquimby Sun 10-Jul-11 12:45:30

Not a hope. There's no way I'd cancel sky sports.

MollieO Sun 10-Jul-11 12:49:42

Never had Sky, sometimes looked at the Times website but stopped once they started charging. Haven't bought the Times or ST since RM bought them. Have never bought any of the other Murdoch publications. He is an(allegedly) odious individual and I'm surprised that people haven't seen him for what he is.

wannaBe Sun 10-Jul-11 13:22:07

the fact that there are hardly any responses on this thread is clear indication that people aren't going to go that far.

I wouldn't go with virgin media anyway as they have the worst customer service ever and I couldn't live without sky plus.

And all copies of the NOTW were virtually sold out as soon as they hit the shelves so no damage will have been done - people will be queuing for the sunday Sun next week.

fluffles Sun 10-Jul-11 13:23:48

i have virgin media, will need to look and see if there's any sky we can weed out of our packages.

i am really conflicted about the sky cycling team though - i really really support the people involved and the idea of having a british pro team, i'm just really dissappointed that they're sponsored by sky.

Snorbs Sun 10-Jul-11 14:53:28

Or maybe wannBe it's a clear indication that not everyone has Sky.

Mitmoo Sun 10-Jul-11 15:00:30

If you've been with them over a year they' offer you six months at half price and no tie in afterwards. Thats what has happened to a couple of peope I know.

DoraJarr Sun 10-Jul-11 15:02:29

NO BLOODY WAY
i LOVE sky

Carminagetsprimal Sun 10-Jul-11 15:30:36

No - we love our sport too much.
I'm not going without one of my few pleasure because of scum journalists.

teej Sun 10-Jul-11 21:26:52

I refuse to have sky in this house - but know my Ds suffers to an extent as a result, as he is not as exposed to professionals sports as he might otherwise have been. IMHO it's unacceptable that some national sports/sporting events are not free to air. and don't get me started on how the broadcasting money gets us the best players in the UK etc - look where THAT's got us. national teams that under-achieve, overpaid idiots who treat women as commodities and the disgusting wannabe wag culture. no- the Murdoch influence has been as fetid with regard to sports as news and politics imho...

reelingintheyears Mon 11-Jul-11 12:16:39

We don't have sky but i no longer buy the times.

I just worked out that i spent £408.00 a year buying theTimes.

Not any more thankyou Mr Roger Alton.

Yama Mon 11-Jul-11 12:20:05

No Sky in this house to cancel. Never bought his papers either.

Yama Mon 11-Jul-11 12:21:18

Although I did love Jeff Stelling on Gilette Soccer Saturday when Sky Sports News was on Freeview.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now