Talk

Advanced search

Steve Coogan on Newsnight <punches air>

(21 Posts)
GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-Jul-11 23:03:17

He is ace, really think he is doing well.

That tabloild tool has just said to him 'you take £5million per movie from Rupert Murdoch, and you complain about having your phone hacked'

TheFalcon Fri 08-Jul-11 23:03:57

Who are the other people? Greg Dyke is it? Whos the other guy?

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Fri 08-Jul-11 23:07:22

Quite pissed off, isn't he?

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-Jul-11 23:07:25

I don't know who that other bloke is. He is a fucking idiot. 'Britain will be a poorer place wityhout the NOTYW'

Steve Coogan is so scathing. Good on him.

NOW guy is not going to win this is he? Go Steve!

arazmataz Fri 08-Jul-11 23:08:32

The other guy is a NOTW hack who's been doing the rounds on all the progs defending the NOTW's track record. hmm

TheFalcon Fri 08-Jul-11 23:08:46

The Mumsnet thread was just shown.

feckwit Fri 08-Jul-11 23:09:29

That notw guy is such a twat.

TheFalcon Fri 08-Jul-11 23:09:42

Now some bird from Mumsnet is on there.

threefeethighandrising Fri 08-Jul-11 23:10:01

Justine's there now!

TheFalcon Fri 08-Jul-11 23:10:06

Will Self just used two words I don't understand.

ClaireDeLoon Fri 08-Jul-11 23:12:02

Oh the 'poorer place without NOTW' comment pissed me off no end. What an idiot. Incapable of debate. Is he the guy Hugh Grant taped!

chipstick10 Fri 08-Jul-11 23:14:06

Will self is a pretentious nob and steve coogan is a complete twat imo

OddBoots Fri 08-Jul-11 23:15:52

Oh they are both pretentious but that doesn't stop them being right.

arazmataz Fri 08-Jul-11 23:21:49

Yay for regulated capitalism.

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-Jul-11 23:30:54

I agree that Coogan is a twat but it didn't stop him from being brilliant.

That NOTW wankstain didn't do himself any favours. HOW can he defend NI is being paid or has been promised job

Yaff Fri 08-Jul-11 23:38:29

The NOTW journo (EX) made a complete cock up of defending the gutter he lives in and I was willing Steve Coogan to give him the punch on the nose he was asking for!

floyjoy Fri 08-Jul-11 23:51:36

Coogan did look like he was quite close to thumping Paul McMullan. He was almost out of his chair. We were willing him to do it.

The questions nobody asked the NoW ex-features editor were 'What is wrong with you?' 'What went wrong in your life to make you such a bitter, pathetic, twisted immoral man?'

But Will Self was right - everyone's getting carried away about things changing. People like reading this crap. The Murdochs are going nowhere.
And according to the programme, The Daily Mail was the newspaper that most heavily used detectives to llegally acquire information. The focus should be on the other papers too.

sharbie Fri 08-Jul-11 23:53:36

not a patch on hugh

arazmataz Sat 09-Jul-11 00:12:37

Yes, I think Will Self was right. Madness to think anything's actually going to change.

And they were touching on the fact that celebrity culture is going to carry on regardless, so Steve Coogan and his ilk can carry on being filthy rich and spouting faintly lefty stuff every now and again, when it's in his personal interest to do so.

frillyflower Sat 09-Jul-11 22:08:33

And according to the programme, The Daily Mail was the newspaper that most heavily used detectives to llegally acquire information.

I wish people would boycott the Mail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now