Talk

Advanced search

the Milliband clip must have been done, mustn't it? MUSTN'T IT?! so why can't i find it on here?

(34 Posts)
AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:05:38

i even searched and everything.

look at THIS, ffs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13971770

and just in case i am accused of bias.

here is gideon doing it too. he's the better actor, if anything.

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2010/10/27/watch-osborne-the-robot-repeats-himself-4-times/

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:06:15

oh for GOD's SAKE. why do i trust that stupid 'convert links' button?

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:07:54

millibandplayson

ozzyozzyozzy

motherinferior Fri 01-Jul-11 12:12:49

Am rivetted. 'Kinell.

motherinferior Fri 01-Jul-11 12:13:48

Only I can't actually look at Gideon for fear of Nausea Ishoos.

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:13:48

YES. it is ASTONISHING, isn't it?

RealityIsRoughlyTheSizeOfABoat Fri 01-Jul-11 12:13:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:15:17

well yes and it obviously works too, so long as the BBC etc don't go putting the interviews up on their WEB SITES...

motherinferior Fri 01-Jul-11 12:16:01

I feel very, very sorry for the press officers who wrote those soundbites.

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:16:15

i mean i'm guessing that it is frustrating for the reporter, they do seem to be asking different questions each time, rather than just wanting extra shots in case of a snafu.

RealityIsRoughlyTheSizeOfABoat Fri 01-Jul-11 12:19:05

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:20:10

did you not point out that a boat made of sofa stuffing would take on water and sink? confused [better parent]

RealityIsRoughlyTheSizeOfABoat Fri 01-Jul-11 12:22:00

Merrylegs Fri 01-Jul-11 12:26:49

Shurely that second one is going to turn up on You Tube as a stop motion rap mix - 'No we can't take the take the take credit credit credit r-r-r-rating double dose double dose...'

Love his 'listening face'. Think I will perfect that. 'yes, very interesting. I look like I am finding what you say fascinating but really inside my head I am thinking tra la la la la la beans for tea...'

swanker Fri 01-Jul-11 12:27:22

DH played it to me last night, and I thought at first it was filmed in order to edit down for broadcast, but no.

He just looks like an idiot, doesn't he?

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:40:46

also the animated gideon 'and the GREAT news' is super-annoying.

niceguy2 Fri 01-Jul-11 12:44:43

Good god, he's rubbish isn't he and the Tories must be thanking their stars they don't have a formidable opponent.

minicorrect Fri 01-Jul-11 12:45:14

Saw tweets about this last night (@damongreenITV
by the end I was desperate to ask him: 'what's your favourite dinosaur?') and just watched it - he's like a malfunctioning robot. DP says it's a perfect example of neuro-linguistic programming and how they are controlled by their "handlers" - more into conspiracy stuff than me obviously!

Absolutely hilarious nonetheless!

MarioandLuigi Fri 01-Jul-11 12:46:14

Every time I see EM, I just want to shout
'BLOW YOUR NOSE'

KnottyLocks Fri 01-Jul-11 12:48:53

Everything about Gids makes me want to slap his silly face with a stinking old haddock.

If he looks like an idiot
sounds like an idiot
chances are...

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:48:57

oh i WISH he had said that.

i went to uni with a guy who is now a pretty big (although untalented) hollywood name, and he was so self-obsessed (but in a nice way) that me and chums had a competition to see what we could say to him and not have him notice... i won.

Mr x 'hey aitch, how's it going?'

aitch 'not so good, actually, the guinea pig has diabetes'

mr x 'great, great!'

AitchTwoOh Fri 01-Jul-11 12:49:30

ahahahah blow your nose. <nods head vigorously>

Hassled Fri 01-Jul-11 12:50:45

These strikes are wrong
While negotiations are still going on
It sounds a bit like a rap
But really I'm just crap
These strikes are wrong
While negotiations are still going on

I've been trying to work in a reference to a bong (Ed does have that stoned/glazed look about him most of the time) but can't manage it. Where's Hully when you need her?

limitedperiodonly Fri 01-Jul-11 13:01:12

Love his 'listening face'.

My sister described it as his 'baby-concentrating-on-doing-a-poo-face' after PMQ's the other day.

Genuine question: what would happen if a reporter said on tape that if they didn't answer the questions properly they'd stick the whole exchange up on the website with appropriate commentary in the accompanying copy?

Would you get another interview? What if everyone did it?

I've said in interviews with celebs we were paying that if they didn't say anything interesting they weren't getting paid. Similarly kiss and tells. It works. Is political journalism different? <<naive emoticon>> wink

Ponders Fri 01-Jul-11 13:04:10

Are we absolutely sure it's not the same clip seamlessly repeated & the different questions dubbed on afterwards?

Because if it really isn't (my brain isn't up to trying to compare facial expressions at different points in the clip) I want to go & live in a cave until the next election confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now