Talk

Advanced search

Is there a thread about Johan Hari

(4 Posts)
allhailtheaubergine Wed 29-Jun-11 14:20:26

He has been accused of plagiarism.

He has replied to the accusations

I have read a couple of articles today with people unconvinced by his defence.

I REALLY REALLY like Johan Hari. I admire him and I don't know what to think now.

What are your thoughts?

Riveninside Wed 29-Jun-11 18:32:20

Gawd knows. Hes being very quiet on twitter

meditrina Wed 29-Jun-11 18:34:46

Yes - there is already a thread here.

limitedperiodonly Wed 29-Jun-11 18:46:15

I also liked Johann Hari but won't bother reading him any more because I now don't trust his articles. He's guilty of something he'd more than likely condemn in a tabloid writer cobbling stuff together about a celebrity.

I can't be bothered to read much of his self-justification because it's weaselly shit.

If an interview subject isn't being clear you ask them to explain. If you wish to quote from a previous speech or article in order to amplify their views, you credit that passage. He didn't.

It wasn't an error of judgement. It was a deliberate attempt to pretend he nailed killer quotes in every interview, presumably in pursuit of praise, prizes, a higher profile, a bigger salary or any combination of them.

If there was an error of judgement it was his being stupid enough not to realise that someone would notice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now