Talk

Advanced search

Social services blunder in that's life! magazine

(20 Posts)
AmyRow Tue 28-Jun-11 10:21:23

Has anyone read the story in this weeks that's life! magazine about the woman who had her baby taken away from her?

It has made me so angry!

The poor was just worried when her son was ill and wanted a cure. She took him to the hospital and of course social services got involved. They actually thought she was harming her son! She was just trying to make him better!

Her son was taken away for SIX MONTHS until she battled social services to prove her innocence. The poor woman, I can only imagine the heartbreak she went through.

This seems to be happening more and more and social services always seem to be involved making huge blunders. It makes me so angry!

Has anyone else read this story? Just wanted to know if anyone else agrees!

Pagwatch Tue 28-Jun-11 10:24:57

That's life magazine? Really?

Does that count as in the news?

AmyRow Tue 28-Jun-11 10:30:39

Why wouldn't it class as the news?
It has stories that have been in the newspapers but more in depth!

Pagwatch Tue 28-Jun-11 10:35:05

Ah. I thought it was just some shit celebrity driven drivel that printed true life stories entirely from the perspective of the person selling their story.

Portofino Tue 28-Jun-11 10:42:00

Having never heard of said publication, I have done a little research on t'interweb. OMFG! What a heaving pile of shite that magazine is! I was particulary impressed with the "Aren't men daft?" section.....

AmyRow Tue 28-Jun-11 10:46:23

There are no celebs in, can't be bothered reading about them!
The stories are really good though and all my mates read it. The one about social services really annoyed me!

ChaosTrulyReigns Tue 28-Jun-11 10:48:23

Pag are you seriously suggesting that the magazine may have a slight bias, and isn't completely impartial and objective in the interests of fair and true reportage?

Hmm.

Vroomfondel Tue 28-Jun-11 10:49:34

it's in Thats Life. It's got to be true (and contain all the facts). don't be so bloody cynical.

MarisCrane Tue 28-Jun-11 10:50:57

Sounds like an advert for That's Life to me

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 28-Jun-11 11:21:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChaosTrulyReigns Tue 28-Jun-11 11:23:55

confused

I thought Vroom was being sarcastic.

Oh I am so naive.

blush

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 28-Jun-11 11:26:08

ChaosTrulyReigns Tue 28-Jun-11 11:31:47

Thanks SGM.

I am just absolutely open-mouthed that anyone can purport this style of reporting to be "in-depth" or "full of facts".

Critical thinking. It's quite a useful skill, non?

Sigh.

dustycups Tue 28-Jun-11 11:33:04

can tell you now that this proberly is true and does happen, as a close friend has been through it! and she has now set up a website (launched last wednesday) to help people going through it and its happening more and more and she is fighting to help people!

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 28-Jun-11 11:37:08

edam Tue 28-Jun-11 22:25:26

Critical thinking would, I'm sure, be helpful for some social workers as well.

mippy Tue 28-Jun-11 22:39:55

It's a downmarket Take a Break, Portofino.

Portofino Tue 28-Jun-11 23:15:50

TBH, I am glad I live abroad and that JK and this shite does not enter my radar. On the other hand, I miss it a bit blush it is so quintessentially British. A bit like Argos....

munchausens Wed 29-Jun-11 19:24:00

Dustycups please can you let me have the website details. Many thanks

dustycups Wed 29-Jun-11 19:40:52

www.compassionaite.org/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now