Talk

Advanced search

Really moving interview with Bob Geldof re Paula etc

(6 Posts)
Hassled Sun 26-Jun-11 19:46:29

Here.

I've always been a bit ambivalent about Saint Bob - on the one hand a Living Deity, on the other hand a bit of a git. But this just makes me think - well, poor guy. And I love him for the bit at the end of the article:
"Finally he appeals to those who suffer with "Geldof fatigue" by saying: "Well, imagine what's it like being him.""

Jellykat Sun 26-Jun-11 20:25:08

Yes that is nice to finally read, i always liked Paula Yates and thought the stuff that happened was horrifically sad.

Not entirely convinced though, he did become a figurehead for Fathers for justice, and fight Michael Hutchence parents' for custody of their grandchild.
I also remember a story of Paula Yates becoming so pissed off with him that she threw a brick through his window, i always wondered why...

Admittedly he's not as bad as Bono, but of similar ilk.

Hassled Sun 26-Jun-11 21:07:22

I hadn't realised he'd fought the grandparents for custody. I suppose the motivation was keeping the sisters together.

When I was a teenager Bob and Paula were such a glamourous couple - I was a bit in love with them both.

Monty27 Sun 26-Jun-11 21:09:55

I met him in a very down to earth restaurant in the countryside once, he came up and spoke to us, he was very pleasant I have to say. (I got a bit star struck and couldn't speak blush)

wimpybar Sun 26-Jun-11 21:13:10

his biography is really good and i really feel bad for him and paula.

i really liked her alot, it was like a fling with michael that probably would have been all over by now and she would be back with bob, if the inevitable hadn't happend sad

Jellykat Sun 26-Jun-11 21:17:08

Yes that was why he did it..

Did you ever see the Michael H interview she did on the bed on Big Breakfast? Blimey o' reilly - Talk about love at first sight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now