Talk

Advanced search

Cameron gets blazed by furious surgeon YEAH!

(36 Posts)
bubaluchy Wed 15-Jun-11 14:37:37

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13771099

This is so funny!

ggirl Wed 15-Jun-11 14:42:41

brilliant

LadyGok Wed 15-Jun-11 15:17:44

I saw that too but some are saying he had no right to do and I ask why the he'll not.

ggirl Wed 15-Jun-11 15:29:10

yes , dept of health , ie. the govt dictate nothing below the elbows which clearly the surgeon resents as most do.

stillfrazzled Wed 15-Jun-11 18:33:09

That is hilarious grin. I heart that surgeon.

McDreamy Wed 15-Jun-11 18:36:53

I think he was a very rude man. There are ways of getting your point across but that was not appropriate. I am however not at all surprised at his behaviour after working for years on an orthopaedic ward and watching many ignorant surgeons throw their teddies out of their cots on a regular basis! hmm

Northernlurker Wed 15-Jun-11 18:39:41

He was probably trying to get something done on the ward, found it impossible as all the nurses were watching Cameron and the journos and so flipped out. The rule is bare below the elbows in the clinical area - whatever you are doing. I work in admin and I adhere to that.

bubaluchy Wed 15-Jun-11 19:45:41

It's just the comedy of the whole thing, you couldn't write that sketch if you tried, it says so much, the way Clegg just stands there like a lemon not saying anything hmm
The surgeon has no respect for Cameron's so called power, he is in the surgeons territory and is going to jolly well say what he likes, how he likes.
Then on their way out, the surgeons pa lady trying to de fluster him and that strange man just standing watching in his PJ's ahh!
stillfrazzled I heart him too!

BelovedCunt Wed 15-Jun-11 19:49:31

surgeons are for the most part cunts. nice to see cameron being outcunted

bubaluchy Wed 15-Jun-11 19:56:59

The BBC's cunt hunt, where two grade A cunts of the highest cuntitude battle it out to see who will become the worlds biggest ever CUNT .... its a draw grin

create Wed 15-Jun-11 19:57:13

He wasn't having a go at Cameron though was he? PM was correctly dressed, no tie, sleeves rolled up - it was the film crew he was objecting to.

Very rude man tough and typical of IME that hospital doctors think they're more important than anyone else

c0rn51lk Wed 15-Jun-11 20:01:29

how rude! shock

McDreamy Wed 15-Jun-11 20:03:44

He was quoted in the Telegraph in 2007 at the (in his opinion) nonsense of this infection control policy. He was making his point very badly (IMO wink)!

TheGashlycrumbTinies Wed 15-Jun-11 20:07:28

Not all hospital doctors create.

BelovedCunt Wed 15-Jun-11 20:16:00

roar @ cunt hunt

unfitmother Wed 15-Jun-11 20:20:09

Hilarious!e

VelvetSnow Wed 15-Jun-11 20:24:46

no need for the surgeon to storm in like that, i think a quiet word in the PM's ear would have been more than enough.

You just shouldn't talk to people like that, IMO

stillfrazzled Wed 15-Jun-11 20:50:34

You know, it WAS very rude.

My bad-manners cats-bum mouth failed to appear because I hate Cameron and Clegg more than I hate rude surgeons.

Not apologising for that, just sayin'. grin

laiyan Wed 15-Jun-11 20:56:10

I think he was fabulous. Absolutely brilliant way of getting accross his point that everyone, and that means everyone, needs to be bare below the elbows if the rule is going to mean anything. or is it just front line staff who have to adhere to hygiene control, and not the media types? because the media types will certainly be there when the next superbugs take control.

EggyAllenPoe Wed 15-Jun-11 20:58:06

YABU for not doing your link properly.

bubaluchy Wed 15-Jun-11 20:59:31

I don't know how to do that

iamabadger Wed 15-Jun-11 21:01:00

Sorry, I think it was more a case of surgeon god complex than genuine concern. Do all visiting relatives roll their sleeves up? They get closer to patients than a camera crew would. He looked like a tantrumming child.

McDreamy Wed 15-Jun-11 21:02:33

But DC and NC didn't just pop in, this was a visit that had been planned. The ward was chosen and the patient was chosen and the Infection Control team would have been involved in whatever removal of clothing was necessary. It wouldn't have been DC or NC's decision.

Especially ironic as it is a policy he has publicly disagreed with!

VelvetSnow Wed 15-Jun-11 21:04:14

he was fabulous - if fabulous means being an obnoxious twat

Shallishanti Wed 15-Jun-11 21:07:12

isn't it also about them treating the ward like a media opportunity and not a place of work/healthcare?
the ward is there to treat people, not to act as a stage for Cameron/Clegg.
A bit dissappointed it was the journailists being blasted and not Cameron.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now