Talk

Advanced search

Louise Bagshawe - Not telling children about marriage

(10 Posts)
Xenia Fri 03-Jun-11 21:17:24

Would you not tell your children about your remarriage

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8553011/Tory-MP-Louise-Bagshawe-secretly-marries-Metallica-manager-Peter-Mensch.html

Georgimama Fri 03-Jun-11 21:20:47

Er, no. I would not. My father did though, but as he was the non resident parent and we were barely speaking at the time it didn't actually do any more damage to our relationship than had already been done. It certainly didn't help.

K999 Fri 03-Jun-11 21:21:18

I am getting remarried. I have a DD from my first marriage and we have a DD between us. Both of them will be at our wedding as it's an important day and I want them to feel part of it.

Xenia Fri 03-Jun-11 21:38:24

Little girls like to be bridesmaids etc and given 60% of second marriages with chidlren fail it doesn't sound the best footing to start it on. So if her youngest was 3 when she spilt up from their father I wonder when the relationship with the new husband started and he's 19 years older and lives on a different continent.

K999 Fri 03-Jun-11 21:45:15

It seems unlikely that her kids will ever see him anyway. Bit strange really. But am not that keen on her anyway so not really fussed one way or t'other.

Xenia Sat 04-Jun-11 09:23:43

It certainly is puzzling including the rush to marry when you live on different continents and children are still little and you've a huge age gap (unless I suppose he's on his last legs and very wealthy)

maypole1 Sat 04-Jun-11 15:43:48

The only people who do this is people who know deep down the partner is not right for their children .

Very very odd

HHLimbo Tue 07-Jun-11 02:37:01

She had to get married otherwise she would be a single mother, as well as a tory politician!

Oh the wonderful irony, what an oxymoron, ha ha ha!

poppyknot Tue 07-Jun-11 17:30:55

The strangest thing I read about LB today is that she thinks Sarah Palin is a remarkable character......

PatriciaHolm Thu 09-Jun-11 22:18:36

Xenia - she's also very wealthy! And she's known him for years....first crush maybe?

She's an, er, interesting person. I was at Uni (Oxford) with her, and saw her in the debating chamber a lot, and it was clear even then that she intended to Be Somebody. She was a rock journo from an early age and was also very Tory, and very political in the Union ( she was secretary at one point; a position which involved canvassing the public vote)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now