Talk

Advanced search

"TV KING COWELL IS 'DEAD'"

(13 Posts)
LindyHemming Thu 02-Jun-11 08:53:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NanaNina Thu 02-Jun-11 15:01:54

Think the Star is the biggest rag of all and like all tabloids want something sensational on the front to make people buy them, but the Star I am sure is the absolute pits - never buy it you understand! I like Simon Cowell and will miss him on X factor this year!

Just on the subject of rags, apparently 80% of people in the UK read the Sun every day........and believe what they read.....is there any hope left?

Animation Thu 02-Jun-11 20:21:47

Oh FFS!!

Talk about dramatics!! hmm

LordSucre Thu 02-Jun-11 20:23:12

bloody hell i thought he really was from the thread title!

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 02-Jun-11 20:23:35

I was revolted by this too, when I saw it near the checkout at my local Sainsburys. How can they get away with it? Don't the press have a code of conduct?

chipstick10 Thu 02-Jun-11 20:24:40

The Star is a joke of a newspaper. Just for the record im sick to the back teeth of Cowell and all the fakeness and hype that comes with him. His over used quotes and tiresome expressions, his hairy arms, over botoxed face and the apendage on his arm, Bifa cole. Im glad the xf this year is a cowell and cole free zone.

Animation Thu 02-Jun-11 20:29:24

Yes - it's just bloody ridiculous now that Cowell gets front page news EVERY day!!

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 02-Jun-11 20:31:05

Code of conduct? <Hollow laugh emoticon> The same people that operate mass illegal phone-hacking to provide their customers with salacious gossip? The same people that print lies on Page 1 in typeface the size that used to be reserved for the outbreak of war... and retractions on Page 50 in very small italics? No wonder Giggs didn't want them to get hold of his story.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 02-Jun-11 20:31:53

And what a dull story it was.

He's not dead, he may have a face full of cow toxins, but he's still being sarky so he's clearly alive.

caughtinanet Thu 02-Jun-11 20:35:48

NanaNina - did you read that statistic in the Sun? grin

3m people buy The Sun each day - just 5% of the population

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 02-Jun-11 22:29:30

What's really ironic is that, if Cowell didn't exist and therefore none of his shows or acts existed, the average tabloid would have zip-all to write about. They'd have to go out and find some real stories occasionally.

piratecat Thu 02-Jun-11 22:33:41

i was pissed off at having to explain that one to my dd today. she saw it in the supermarket, and was upset by it's blatant message. I was taken back too, but 'knew' it would mean something pathetic, and not that he had actually died. Yet she didn't.

livetolaugh Fri 03-Jun-11 23:50:39

This is why I dont read newspapers. Full of shit

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: