Talk

Advanced search

Stephen Lawrence - possibly justice at last

(15 Posts)
Jux Wed 18-May-11 19:12:49

18 years his family have been waiting. I sincerely hope they get the bastards finally.

2old2beamum Wed 18-May-11 19:44:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

KAZAMM Wed 18-May-11 20:44:37

good. This has been a long time coming. I've recently read a book called 'The case of Stephen Lawrence' and how many mistakes were made by the police in the hours and days after the murder was appalling.

I hope these vile men finally have the smirks wiped off thier faces.

SerapisBey Wed 18-May-11 20:51:21

Me too! Saw this on the news earlier and felt a great sense of delayed potential justice. Stephen Lawrence has left such a huge legacy in the way racism is dealt with in this country and it would absolutely fantastic to see his killers finally convicted. I really feel for his parents and hope they get the result they are praying for.

Jux Thu 19-May-11 08:51:25

'Mistakes' by the police, Kazamm gringringrin They were corrupt racist bastards who closed ranks and protected their own. Police like them are why so many call them pigs, because they really are.

I lived round the corner from him at the time. My hairdresser was friends with his mum. The entire community was shocked and horrified and got more and more frustrated at the 'incompetence' of the authorities investigating. The whole thing was a massive indictment of our society in general and in particular to police attitudes to, well, just people.

Sorry, reliving the emotions of the time. I shall back away slowly.

2old2beamum Tue 07-Jun-11 21:15:55

I am somewhat amazed to see my blog deleted by mumsnet all I wrote was to support the Lawrence family and say I hope the racist bastards finally get their just rewards. No worse than other messages!

Jux Tue 07-Jun-11 23:32:45

That's very strange. Have you asked why?

2old2beamum Wed 08-Jun-11 20:51:13

Thanks Jux.Just to let you into a secret .....I am a OAP mum to 2 SN children 12 & 5 and am not sure how to ask why. Although old and decrepid I still care
I am quite ashamed I am not computer literate.

Jux Thu 09-Jun-11 06:30:38

TBH I'm not too sure either! The only time I've posted direct to MN Towers is when I've 'reported' a post of my own to ask them to delete it. You could try clicking on Report on your deleted post at the top here. I think you get a text box to give your reasons, and you could ask that way.

cookcleanerchaufferetc Thu 09-Jun-11 14:52:00

More police bashing, FFS get a life ....

Thomas1969 Thu 09-Jun-11 21:22:59

Deserved Police bashing in this case. They allowed a group of murdering scumbags to walk free because of how they mishandled the investigation. You do no-one any favours by pretending peoples only concern is to have a go at them. A young man had his life taken from him.

amberleaf Mon 13-Jun-11 20:52:23

The police officers involved in the cover up deserve to be bashed.

I hope justice is served at long last.

Jux Mon 13-Jun-11 22:06:43

Unlike Stephen Lawrence, you mean, cookcleanerchaufferetc?

Jux Mon 13-Jun-11 22:08:06

FFS indeed
biscuit and also hmm

amberleaf Mon 13-Jun-11 22:12:56

Yeah a biscuit for cookcleanerchaufferetc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: