Talk

Advanced search

Does any one know how the pregnant woman in a coma with swine flu is doing?

(14 Posts)
headfairy Thu 23-Dec-10 20:01:41

She has four children, is pregnant wtih her fifth I think and they were talking about aborting the baby to give her a better chance of living. I do hope she's doing better and they didn't have to abort her baby, I think she was quite far gone, about 20 odd weeks

winnybella Thu 23-Dec-10 20:03:27

I read yesterday that she's out of the coma. Still ill, but not critical and about to be moved out of icu to ward.

headfairy Thu 23-Dec-10 20:06:33

Oh that's great!

CuppaTeaJanice Thu 23-Dec-10 20:15:53

Fallon and baby are both out of danger now afaik. It was induction rather than abortion, but he wouldn't have had much of a chance as he was so little.

The 4 month baby with swine flu is critical but stable.

I haven't seen the news for a few hours now, so the info might have been updated.

headfairy Thu 23-Dec-10 20:28:33

Oh so they've delivered her baby? I presume the baby doesn't have swine flu?

Glad to hear the other baby with swine flu is stable.

scarletbegonia Thu 23-Dec-10 20:30:24

Thankfully all looking good

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1341045/Swine-f lu-mother-Fallon-Devaney-road-recovery-H1N1-virus. html

5ElvesMooningSanta Thu 23-Dec-10 20:30:42

I read today that she is still pregnant as they didn't need to deliver him as she came out her coma.

She is still ill, but recovering.

CuppaTeaJanice Thu 23-Dec-10 20:37:13

No, her baby's still inside. I meant if they had to make the decision to end her pregnancy, they would have induced rather than aborted. Thankfully they didn't.

ShhhhSantaiscoming Mon 27-Dec-10 18:25:39

todays paper said she discharged herself from hospital christmas eve, ready for the lo's waking on christmas day.

Her unborn baby is doing fine atm....
She is doing well..

GiddyPickle Mon 27-Dec-10 23:45:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

norfolkBRONZEturkey Fri 31-Dec-10 15:34:23

I know of someone else pregnant with swine flu and in a coma so any thoughts/prayers/vibes/whatever you have going would be good

Curiousmama Sun 02-Jan-11 11:07:49

How's your friend doing norfolk?

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 02-Jan-11 16:58:45

So glad to see that Fallon and her baby are doing okay, and baby Harvey too.

Bronze - I hope your friend pulls through as well.

bronze Thu 06-Jan-11 13:13:14

Sorry missed this. Shes a close relative of a good friend of mine though I dont actualy know her myself.
I've been told shes improving slightly though still in a coma.

Sadly I've just heard Sarah Applin who gave birth a couple of weeks back has died today. she leaves two children

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: