Talk

Advanced search

Almost three-quarters of Brits check Facebook in bed...

(9 Posts)
NetworkGuy Fri 03-Dec-10 08:19:55

... while one in five check texts during sex ... web link

ethelinaTheBloodyGreatXmasElf Fri 03-Dec-10 08:24:45

Well not me! I'm banned from doing anything dangerous with a computer for the time being. it's only allowed sitting up with no hot beverages anywhere near. grin
No facebook or Twitter account either.

readinginsteadnow Fri 03-Dec-10 08:26:55

How does Travelodge know? What a pointless survey. And of course you'd do a last check for texts in bed (ok, not during sex), because thats when you check your alarm too. and its warmer in bed!

NetworkGuy Fri 03-Dec-10 10:42:47

I have no FB or Twitter a/c and if I am going to sleep, any texts can wait until morning (after all, if I check just before sleeping, since I keep late hours most of the time, I cannot send a reply to someone at 03:30 or 04:00 as they'd be mighty pi$$ed off!)

Oh dear Ethelina - did you get yourself a USB keyboard as suggested, or are you saving for a replacement PC ? Has the Hard Drive been removed so any photos or music or whatever are safe ?

Just been trying to sort out a neighbour's teenager's EEE Book (not connecting to Orange) and lovely machine, but no way I will be opening it up to see why the connections to the 3G Modem are not working...

NetworkGuy Fri 03-Dec-10 10:43:46

Sorry, now remember it was a Dell soemthing and you mentioned mb problem... significantly more damage than just replacing the keyboard, I guess...

ethelinaTheBloodyGreatXmasElf Fri 03-Dec-10 13:21:25

Yeah its officially Toast. sad Whoops. The hard drive's been removed thats all safe but pretty much everything else is done for.

Was going to get a new one last weekend but the fridge broke so money spent on a new fridge-freezer instead. angry (which hasn't been delivered yet, its stuck in the warehouse. We used the patio as a fridge for 3 days and now have one on loan)

Still at least I have this old chugger im using now. It takes 40 minutes to boot up and is cripplingly slow to load pages but it ORKS.

Thanks for all your advice. grin

ethelinaTheBloodyGreatXmasElf Fri 03-Dec-10 13:22:08

that should be WORKS not ORKS

diddl Fri 03-Dec-10 13:40:36

I don´t as I don´t have a handy.

NetworkGuy Fri 03-Dec-10 16:26:29

Ahhhh... Saw a notebook in Asda Living today at 237 quid with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7, and cut down version of MS Office (just Word and Excel). Seemed a bargain and would probably not be a 'chugger'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now