Talk

Advanced search

Beckham is beautiful

(57 Posts)
snugglepops Thu 02-Dec-10 09:00:02

Glad I am not the only one who think Beckham did well yesterday

I do think he is gorgeous!

megcleary Thu 02-Dec-10 09:02:37

I never liked him but am changing my opinion slowly.

pagwatch Thu 02-Dec-10 09:06:22

I have to say he is .
I have been laughing all morning at the news. They keep mentioning the high calibre push with beckham, prince William and Cameron..... In that order
grin

scarletbegonia Thu 02-Dec-10 09:38:58

Really ? only in a wolfman kind of way surely.

Looks aside I think he's doing a great job with the bid - I'm feeling pretty confident about this afternoon's announcement.

I remember sitting in my car outside the house when they made the olympics announcement as I didn't want to miss it in the 30 second dash inside.

traceybath Thu 02-Dec-10 09:41:28

Oh he is lovely.

So Dave and Vicki will be at the wedding next year - hey perhaps she'll design the dress wink

robino Thu 02-Dec-10 09:57:32

I really didn't get it when he was a young weasly faced thing but by gum, is that a man who has improved with age! And his voice coached worked wonders too wink

christmaseve Thu 02-Dec-10 09:59:36

Yes he is. I have been up close and personal with him and have photographic evidence to prove it grin

Limez Thu 02-Dec-10 10:03:07

He is utterly, eye-wateringly beautiful. And seems like a genuinely good person.

I love dave'n'vicki I do.

Ryoko Thu 02-Dec-10 12:13:46

He's a nobody, he's not good looking, he's not smart and he can't play football.

Penalty missing, media/advertisement whore.

Lizzylou Thu 02-Dec-10 12:16:45

Ryoko hmm

I love him. He is divine.

deaconblue Thu 02-Dec-10 12:44:08

absolutely beautiful but not remotely sexy imo

Ryoko Thu 02-Dec-10 12:50:18

He can't play football, 25k a week and he still misses penalties.

Lizzylou Thu 02-Dec-10 12:54:22

Yep, but he can cross the ball and I think that there is perhaps more to his game than just penalties Ryoko.
We are all allowed a bad day at the office.
At least he always gave 100%, more than could be said for the current squad.

Ryoko Thu 02-Dec-10 13:26:09

Not when it's penalties in a world cup and you get twice more in a week what others get in a year.

How can he be the face of football when he failed, he failed with penalties and he failed as captain, if we won a world cup with him at the helm that would be a different matter but to have him involved in the 2018 bid, to have him involved in the 2012 pre-view thing at Beijing, is just wrong and sends the wrong message to the world.

the message being this guy is a loser but he has gained celeb statues and thats more important. it actually makes me feel sorry for people like Rooney, I mean I hate the guy but he plays football 10x better then Beckham, but because he looks like the back end of a bus no one wants him involved in any sports related promotions.

DownyEmerald Thu 02-Dec-10 13:34:04

He is, and I've just realised that he is very like an ex boyfriend of mine which is weird, cos it's not like a week goes by and he isn't in the paper/on tv etc etc.

Lizzylou Thu 02-Dec-10 13:38:00

Rooney didn't play football very well this summer, Ryoko, nor did any of the rest of the England team.
Football is a team game, Beckham couldn't win the World cup by himself. If just one of the England team had played as well as Beckham did in that qualifier against Greece this Summer...

I don't think Beckham is/was the best Footballer in the world but his determination, effort and charisma can't be faulted. He is a well known name worldwide and it makes sense for him to be on the World Cup committee.

But hey, I hear he once didn't put the bin out either so we best ditch him.

Lizzylou Thu 02-Dec-10 13:38:54

Oh and Ryoko every England team/Captain/Manager has "failed" since 1966.

I don't think we're that good at the beautiful game anyway.

Lizzylou Thu 02-Dec-10 13:39:40

The qualifier against Greece wasn't this summer obv, sorry, bad grammar.

noddyholder Thu 02-Dec-10 13:40:07

He is looking particularly good atm.Love the wrinkles and the suit was divine and the big coat

johnnydeppsarmpit Thu 02-Dec-10 13:40:25

it might be me, but none of his children really look like him do they? more victoria

DiscoDaisy Thu 02-Dec-10 13:41:46

Did David Beckham miss any penalties in a world cup?
I know others have but I didn't think he was one.

noddyholder Thu 02-Dec-10 13:42:24

ryoko you are getting way too hot under the collar we couldn't give a monkies about the football we are looking at HIM!

Portofino Thu 02-Dec-10 13:42:57

He is gorgeous. I have TOUCHED him, you know. grin

Ryoko Thu 02-Dec-10 13:43:15

I just think it sends the wrong message about sport if you have someone because they are a celebrity first and foremost, they should use our best sportsmen to promote sport. I think it sends the wrong message to kids, don't try to be a good sports person, try to be a celebrity.

Lizzylou Thu 02-Dec-10 13:44:05

In Euro 2004 he missed the penalty, think he missed a few before that actually. As every footballer does.

But he looked gorgeous doing it.

Agree he is aging fabulously, around his eyes especially. Only Beckham could make eye wrinkles look sexy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now