Talk

Advanced search

Baby stabbed

(13 Posts)
Dontbugmemalone Mon 22-Nov-10 02:37:59

sad

What kind of sick person would do that to an innocent baby?

RIP

poor child

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 22-Nov-10 07:31:37

it says she has been detained under the mental health act, so i wouldn't be too quick to rush in with cries of 'sick' and 'evil', sounds more like a very sad and tragic case to me. sad

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 22-Nov-10 08:33:09

Oh, how sad.
RIP little boy.

Dontbugmemalone Mon 22-Nov-10 11:21:19

That doesn't necessarily mean she has mental health issues.

I don't see that as a justification for taking an innocent life.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Mon 22-Nov-10 11:23:55

of course it means that!?

DooinMeCleanin Mon 22-Nov-10 11:24:41

It's not justification, no, but if she was ill enough to do this, then the mother has been failed as much as the baby girl and will punish herself far more than any court ever can once she is well enough to fully understand what she has done sad

Rannaldini Mon 22-Nov-10 11:28:57

I'm afraid that I wish I hadn't seen your title in active convos
Could you please try to be more sensitive to some of the other mothers on this site?
what need is there for this?

Mawkish at best; crass, insensitive and grim otherwise

Dontbugmemalone Mon 22-Nov-10 13:00:09

When I said not necessarily, I meant that perhaps the mother was in shock/unable to speak.

DooinMeCleanin- I agree but I also find the whole thing difficult to understand. The article made it seem that she had a supportive family that should have been able to spot if the mother had mental health issues.

Rannaldini- It wasn't my intention to cause offence or to be insensitive.
However this is 'In the news' section and I was simply informing other users of this site about this tragedy.
I am also a mother and was horrified by the event.

earwicga Mon 22-Nov-10 13:03:51

From what I have read, the mother has been described as a really good mother from the women on her estate who all knew her and her child. This action is completely out of character and I too wondered what support was lacking for her to be able to do this.

I think it's natural to be interested as a mother, knowing how alien such a thing is.

Very sad story.

paulinefouler Mon 22-Nov-10 13:05:20

It was a little girl and very sad for all concerned .
One moment of madness has now ruined a whole lot of lives.

saffy85 Mon 22-Nov-10 14:02:54

Whether the mother has mental health issues or not, she has to live with her actions for the rest of her life. That's the worst punishment for any mother.

R.I.P little baby.

truffleshuffle Mon 22-Nov-10 14:11:05

This is sosad sad
It's likely the mother has mental health issues. I mean it's not like she lost her temper and shook the baby. To stab a baby i would have thought that she's had a psychotic episode. She could have PND.

It's just horrific all round isn't it.

pastyeater Mon 22-Nov-10 15:26:31

I feel for the Mother. Even if her family were supportive it doesn't mean they can cure a mental ilness. Mental health services are are so overstretched people don't get the help they need in time.

A tragedy for everyone involved. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now