Talk

Advanced search

Australian racist cancels move to UK

(10 Posts)
mariepuree Sat 20-Nov-10 07:50:28

because according to her, it is overrun by immigrants.

So when British people emigrate to Australia (and they are predominantly white), aren't they classed as immigrants or does she only count the non-white variety?

Also, how many Australians, New Zealanders, French, German and other white immigrants live in the UK but rarely are they targetted by hateful people like this dreadful woman?hmm Very rarely do you hear the racists bleat about the UK being over-run by those type of immigrants- they just hate the dirty brown or red or yellow skin people because for them, white is alright.hmm

HowsTheSerenity Sat 20-Nov-10 08:01:24

Pauline Hanson is a moron. Most of Australia think she is a moron. Apart from those with very right wing tendencies a la BNP type people.

Try having her in your electorate as I did. Makes for a fun election.

pooka Sat 20-Nov-10 08:05:15

Australia's loss is our gain. Glad she's decided to give it a miss.

nancy75 Sat 20-Nov-10 13:11:37

Am i right in thinking this is the woman, who if elected as PM in Australia, was planning to replace the au dollar with the Hanson as the official money of the country?
I think that on its own shows what a nutter she is!

Dp is Australian and from what he has said she is a widely ridiculed by almost all.

BadgersPaws Sat 20-Nov-10 13:12:57

"according to her, it is overrun by immigrants."

Well she's absolutely right!

I mean first of all we had those Romans.

And then those Christians arrived and actively worked to convert people away from this countries native faith.

Then we have the Norwegians, Jutes, Danes, Angles, Franks and many others all coming over here and interbreeding with us.

In some parts of the UK over 60% of the people are of Norwegian descent!

And we end up with the Normans who replaced our monarchy and entire legal system. If they didn't like it here they should have gone home! And those Normans were immigrants into France and not actually French, the French should control their own borders and shouldn't have allowed those Normans to set up camps.

Oh, now, hold on, she doesn't mean those sorts of immigrants.

I wonder what sort she does mean....

sarah293 Sat 20-Nov-10 13:23:13

Message withdrawn

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Sat 20-Nov-10 13:23:37

Hanson and her lack of the grasp of irony re: her immigration status, reminds me of a telling bit in The Idea of Perfection by Kate Grenville: the white Australian woman who is second generation European, thinks that she is more 'Australian' than the Chinese family who have been in the town since the 1890s.

Anyway, we have enough people of her sort already. sad

Triggles Sun 21-Nov-10 09:57:12

Oh good grief. I read this and thought "racist" and for some reason my brain went to bicycle racer or something. hmm Despite my obvious lack of thought, this woman seems a bit of a nutter. Thank goodness she's changed her mind. grin

Fizzywaterlover Mon 22-Nov-10 13:43:38

HowsTheSreneity.. I think some wit called Pauline Hanson the 'Oxley Moron' if I am right. I thought that was HYSTERICAL. (Oxley being her consituency)

My parents have just moved there too. They are very disappointed she is coming back.

HowsTheSerenity Mon 22-Nov-10 16:36:24

Fizzy - that one did the headlines for a while. Quite clever! My sister was in the same class as her daughter during her time elected. She was mortified most of the time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: