(27 Posts)
KerryMumbles Tue 16-Nov-10 16:19:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scurryfunge Tue 16-Nov-10 16:23:10

Just terrible.

KerryMumbles Tue 16-Nov-10 16:24:34

InstructionsToTheDouble Tue 16-Nov-10 16:27:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

scurryfunge Tue 16-Nov-10 16:27:34

The link states they now believe they were stabbed - it has got to be the partner of the first women - sounds more like a domestic incident to me.

KerryMumbles Tue 16-Nov-10 20:07:43

GiddyPickle Tue 16-Nov-10 22:36:58

That is just awful. Poor babies

wukter Wed 17-Nov-10 09:08:28

F the collapse.
So what if you have money troubles. Who decides a child is better off dead than poor?
Two cases in one day. 4 children violently murdered. It's horrifying.

KerryMumbles Wed 17-Nov-10 10:19:48

mayorquimby Wed 17-Nov-10 10:27:44

Has anything more been released.
The first case with the 2 daughters seems fairly straight forward (for want of a better term) but all that I've heard on the other case with the woman, her friend and her two children is that they were all stabbed to death and that no info had been released about the man in custody.
I'm waiting to hear that it was the ex/partner but haven't heard any reports yet confirming this.

mayorquimby Wed 17-Nov-10 10:31:03

"Who decides a child is better off dead than poor?"

I know but it seems to happen regularly enough that a parent will decide that their child is better off dead than going on living in a certain set of circumstances. Although it is more often that this occurs when the parent themself is suicidal and decide it would be better to take the child with them which may well have been the case here rather than purely ecnomic hardships.

wukter Wed 17-Nov-10 18:41:30

I see what you are saying Mayor, but I don't have enough compassion to lob it at child murderers.

I don't believe it's purely, or even mostly economic factors. Hopelessness or vindictiveness of the worst sort are far more likely.

fifitot Wed 17-Nov-10 20:37:43

Lovely story here about a man who hit and kicked a 15m old to death, recording it on his mobile phone today too. FFS.

mayorquimby Wed 17-Nov-10 21:57:05

Well Wukter I think the two cases (on the face of it, without further details yet it's impossible to know) highlight both examples quite tragically.
The man who killed his kids and then doused himself with petrol before crashing his car to kill himself would appear to fall into the first. He was apparently devoted to his wife and kids by local accounts, happily married but with a history of depression. I still wouldn't hold out a lot of sympathy for any parent who does this but at least you can put some sort of explanation.

the second seems to be cold vindictive killing stabbing his ex and her friend to death before going upstairs and stabbing his kids to death. most likely born out of vengance. no explanation, pure unalduterated scum.

KerryMumbles Wed 17-Nov-10 23:33:55

BexVN Wed 17-Nov-10 23:37:21

I've seen 3 stories today of Dads killing their children (and their partner/ wife) so sad

But I am in tears over the story re: 15 month old boy killed by the Mums boyfriend. Not only did he end up killing this boy, he filmed his acts of cruelty on his mobile. The poor jury who have had to watch these images of this poor boy crying and screaming, I can't deal with the thought of this, I wish I hadn't read it. My beautiful little baby boy is asleep but all I want to do is go and hug him, how could anyone hurt such innocence

KerryMumbles Wed 17-Nov-10 23:50:46

wukter Thu 18-Nov-10 00:10:30

No words. fuck

BexVN Thu 18-Nov-10 11:36:12

KerryMumbles

Earby Lancashire, he's on trial in Manchester Crown Court.

KerryMumbles Thu 18-Nov-10 12:19:29

fifitot Thu 18-Nov-10 12:37:54

Yes on trial in Manchester.

This is why I would hate to be on jury service. Imagine having to view this stuff?

Words fail me re the perpetrator though.

mayorquimby Thu 18-Nov-10 15:32:13

Was that the case that was decided today? Only saw it on the scroll bar on sky news in the gym earlier so had no audio so might be getting confused.
The child was called Violet Mullen I think.
The boyfriend got life (minimum 21 years) and I think it said the childs mother got 5 years as well, but didn't state why.
As I say, just saw it in passing so might be getting mixed up

tullytwo Thu 18-Nov-10 15:36:10

There was another case in Ireland like this reported yesterday too here

tullytwo Thu 18-Nov-10 15:36:51

Was a little boy mayorquimby-charlie I think his name was.

BexVN Thu 18-Nov-10 15:48:34

mayorquimby

Violet was yet another one , childs mother saw her boyfriend beat her daughter but chose not to act because she didn't want to lose him!! she was jailed for child endangerment or something like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now