Talk

Advanced search

Dan Pearson in the Observer magazine - pompous tripe

(12 Posts)
Stillconfounded Mon 15-Nov-10 08:48:18

I really shouldn't allow myself to read these sorts of articles. I really shouldn't. But why, oh why, should I care that he's survived the "trauma" of moving from his garden in Peckham to an idyllic farmstead in Somerset?

Do I care that he needs to create "a tabula rasa" to check his footing and sense the new direction?

Do I care that he will be developing a nuttery (I have several suggestions as to where he can put his cob nuts)

Do I care that he will create a pathway that will "explore the intricacies in the meadows, the life in the streams, and the weave in the hedgerows where I can already see the rosettes of violets and the puckered foliage of primroses"

Do I want to see back-lit photos of him standing mournfully on his newly acquired acres as his contemplates life, the universe and his next batch of mulch?

No I do NOT. I do NOT. I do NOT!!!!

Stillconfounded Mon 15-Nov-10 08:49:47

as he contemplates

(I can't write properly with elevated blood pressure)

omnishambles Mon 15-Nov-10 08:49:59

grin feel much the same. He's better than Alys though shurely?

Stillconfounded Mon 15-Nov-10 08:54:47

Well, that's a hard one...*onishambles* .. Her Faux Shabby-Chique-ness is unutterably awful too!

sethstarkaddersmum Mon 15-Nov-10 09:01:59

moving from his garden in Peckham? Did he sleep in a tent?

Stillconfounded Mon 15-Nov-10 09:37:10

I think a tent would have spoilt the view of the "daphne or the banksian rose" which apparently passers by would "stop and marvel at" SethS grin

Chil1234 Mon 15-Nov-10 09:46:39

I don't know why any of these columnists think we're particular interested in the minutiae of their lives, to be honest. Children, divorce, moving house.... they're like the world's worst FaceBook friend or Twitter feed. Yawn

Shammalamma Mon 15-Nov-10 09:51:42

lol at nuttery

Highlander Mon 15-Nov-10 10:32:06

I've always detested him. Bring back Monty Don

jonicomelately Mon 15-Nov-10 10:36:04

Talk about kindred spirits. I loath Dan Pearson too grin

Did anyone see him at the Chelsea Flower Show a few years ago when he shooed the tv camera away because he'd failed to win a gold medal. I practically fell off the sofa laughing. I know I sound mean but he takes himself SOOO seriously.

Stillconfounded Mon 15-Nov-10 10:41:36

Yes, DP is utterly devoid of humour.

How I yearn for Monty straddling a double-dug trench ... wink

Stillconfounded Mon 15-Nov-10 16:43:54

... and I always loved to watch Monty's hands as he lovingly tended his compost heap ...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: