Talk

Advanced search

Scottish Prison TV Anger...

(6 Posts)
Chil1234 Sat 13-Nov-10 07:39:25

In an age of austerity no public spending decision escapes scrutiny!! This story pushes all the emotional buttons... prisoners, the SNP and 1600 'swanky' flat screen TVs into the bargain. Good use of money or PR gaffe?

CommanderDrool Sat 13-Nov-10 07:47:56

Dunno

They've bought some new TVs. Some presumably for staff, some for inmates. You can't get TVs that aren't flat screen these days. The TVs don't seem particularly large or sophisticated. prisoners watch TV at the discretion of the governor.

This story seems to be political point scoring and it's tedious.

Let's talk about that £1.2m Glasgow's Labour City Council spent on metal flowers next to the motorway instead.

Tootlesmummy Sat 13-Nov-10 07:50:03

They have to pay £1 per week for a TV and as a result the tax payer won't be paying for the TVs supposedly.

But should they have TVs?

CommanderDrool Sat 13-Nov-10 07:56:54

Well what else are they supposed to do?

Having a TV obviously helps control the prison population. I don't think it's a problem, especially as the TV is 'earned.'

NetworkGuy Sat 13-Nov-10 21:19:15

Given my leaky roof, leading to parts of some ceilings caving in, and no flat screen TV in site, I wonder how best I can be domiciled at Her Majesty's pleasure at least for the next 5 months while we have gales and sleet / rain / snow ? Will they let me keep my cat in there ?

It crossed my mind last Christmas, when I had no electricity, on top of leaking roof and suchlike...

NetworkGuy Sat 13-Nov-10 21:20:09

aaargh 'in site' could be either 'on site' or what I really meant to write 'in sight' !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now