Talk

Advanced search

Danny Baker's ill

(10 Posts)
Clayhead Mon 01-Nov-10 15:01:03

Am saddened by this..knew it couldn't be good when he's had so many shows off recently.

Does anyone else love his show?

This is from the BBC site:

If you listen to Danny Baker on Saturday mornings, you'll know he's said on air that he has a health issue at the moment and will be presenting some weeks but not others.

Well today Danny wanted to give some more information to you via his Facebook page. We've pasted the full message from him below.

I know this will come as quite a shock. But as you can see from his message, he's in good spirits. So some Saturdays over the next few months he will be raring to go and will be on his 5 live show as normal and other weeks we'll be giving Danny a rest.

I am sure you will all join me in wishing him all the best for the months ahead.

Danny's message on Facebook reads:

Hello cats and kittens,

Apologies for the cloak and d. over recent weeks. However as it appears this is going to continue for the forseeable I really ought to offer up some sort of breadcrumbs trail as to what's going on. (As you know I am queasy about introducing vulgar real life onto the vaudeville stage so let's keep this crisp.)

After a pretty mouldy diagnosis about a month back I finally begin chemotherapy on Monday with further radiotherapy from January. Yes radiotherapy; can you beat it? This being so, the old treehouse baggy pants will be donned but sparingly. Once the quacks have soundly thrashed this thing I shall return like a rare gas and as if out of a trap. In the meantime I am watching Tommy Steele box sets (and has there ever been a more lying title to a film than TS's "It's All Happening"?) and urge you all to keep yakking up a storm and laugh extra loud at the incumbents.

Thank you for all the best wishes and concern from those who suspected as much about my "condition" and by all means keep ringing up Baylen and Amy to demand more and more Atomic Rooster and Spooky Tooth records.

So. Manly handshake. Walk right on. In the words of King George, "What what and there it is..."

DB

scaleymcnamechange Mon 01-Nov-10 15:04:35

Love him and love his current Five Live show. He is on Radio London as well. Wishing him lots and lots of luck for his cancer treatment.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 01-Nov-10 15:05:14

love him

Littlefish Mon 01-Nov-10 15:25:29

Wishing him all the best and lots of strength and resilience.

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 02-Nov-10 08:03:00

Blimey. I haven't heard his radio show, but watch anything he appears in on telly.
Fingers crossed for a satisfactory outcome.

pressyourthumbsintothispumpkin Tue 02-Nov-10 12:56:56

Sad news, hope he beats it soon.

Indaba Sun 07-Nov-10 17:13:01

Wishing him all the best.

Can we start an official MN supporters/well wishers club?..

.....he'll probably take the piss out of us unmercilessly but I think he is FAB!

Heard the 5Live live programme he was on after his diagnosis. He was trying to be really brave but clearly understandably shock up.

Constance39 Sun 07-Nov-10 17:28:08

Oh no sad what kind of cancer does he have, anyone know?

twirlymum Sun 07-Nov-10 17:40:14

I listen every day to BBC London. Amy and Baylen are great (not so sure about Gary Crowley) but it's not the same without Danny. sad
Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Indaba Mon 08-Nov-10 14:15:30

I don't think he has said what sort. Oh I miss him!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: