Talk

Advanced search

De-cluttering - what do I do with unwanted soft toys?

(17 Posts)
turkeyboots Sun 27-Jun-10 21:10:16

DC have a mountain of soft toys as the PiL bring at least 2 at every visit. Most of them are neglected and while I rotate some for variety, DC aren't that interested in them.

So where is a good home for soft toys? Can't bring myself to throw them out - there has to be someone who wants them?

DrivenToDistraction Sun 27-Jun-10 21:11:16

Refuge?

Wordsonascreen Sun 27-Jun-10 21:12:22

donation to school? (its fete time coming up soon)

turkeyboots Sun 27-Jun-10 21:16:32

How do I find a refuge? Have looked on the Women's aid website but can only find number for people in need of help, not in need of re-homing soft toys!

StealthPolarBear Sun 27-Jun-10 21:17:36

i started 2 threads like this in the last week (in fact i thought this was mine!!)

age concern took mine, many places dont want them

PotPourri Sun 27-Jun-10 21:17:42

and tell pil NO MORE!!

turkeyboots Sun 27-Jun-10 21:21:04

I'd picked up that charity shops don't take toys anymore from somewhere. Is a shame as these are as new really.

PiL are beyond reason sadly. But apart from the endless soft toys aren't that bad really.

StealthPolarBear Sun 27-Jun-10 21:23:16

thats what i thought
so i aslked would they take them
she said yes
i said did they actually want them or was i just offloading my problem and she said they were always happy to get new toys
& when i got there there was a huge wire bin with a load of toys for sale in

turkeyboots Sun 27-Jun-10 21:24:20

Will have to go find my local charity shops and ask(have just moved and dragged all the toys across the country!)

TheButterflyEffect Sun 27-Jun-10 21:27:04

Message withdrawn

aristocat Sun 27-Jun-10 21:31:24

my friend gave hers to our local childrens ward at hospital - they were very grateful for the toys smile

BertieBotts Sun 27-Jun-10 21:31:39

I managed to sell some on ebay for a little over the cost of postage, if you can be bothered. Maybe get the kids to put them on if old enough/not likely to develop a sudden extreme attachment to every one grin

JustKeepSwimming Sun 27-Jun-10 21:32:29

Also, if they are lots of different animals your local Portage service would take them - they were happy to take a bag of mine.
Portage is a bit like play therapy for SN kids, normally in the home.

iloveasylumseekers Sun 27-Jun-10 21:34:41

I sold a few on ebay, not for a lot, but they did sell. Or freecycle.

turkeyboots Mon 28-Jun-10 11:19:22

Thanks all.

missusp Tue 29-Jun-10 12:43:34

a slightly random response but this looks like a good idea.
Use soft toys as stuffing for floor cushions!

helenwilkes Sat 06-Dec-14 21:21:15

Hello, I am collecting used soft toys that can fit in shoeboxes, please drop me message if you have any. thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now