Talk

Advanced search

please share my carpet beetle pain

(9 Posts)
Magicglassesfairy Wed 23-Jun-10 22:14:26

Nice man from the council has told us we have carpet beetles.
DP fed up of me crawling around the floor spotting them so thought I might get sympathy here.
We have to freeze or hot wash ALL clothes - apart from those they have already eaten. They have eaten carpet in DD's room and who know what else - we have to pull out all furniture (that'll be a first), loads of hoovering, sprinkling evil powder etc ....
Anyone esle had the same and beaten them?

hellymelly Wed 23-Jun-10 22:17:17

No,but I invite you to share my moth pain as they have just eaten my vintage 50's couture Dior dress that was worth a bomb and cost me a fiver .Sob.WAR has been declared.Are carpet beetles woolly bears?

littleducks Wed 23-Jun-10 22:19:49

what powder do you have to use?

Magicglassesfairy Wed 23-Jun-10 22:19:54

Wooly bears are the name of the larvae - but are also the name of something else's larvae too.
I DO share your moth pain. Mine have eaten hole in cashmere cardigan and all merino wool jumpers.

Magicglassesfairy Wed 23-Jun-10 22:20:59

Little ducks
Council man said cheap ant powder - he said they were all the same but powder rather than spray cos then the particles stay in the carpet (yuck).

JennyPiccolo Thu 24-Jun-10 22:55:08

i just got back from holiday and have discovered an infestation of them.

Am beyond dealing with it, going to B&Q tomorrow to buy sealer to seal the skirting boards as i think they're coming in from next door. I'll get some powder as well. Is it safe to use when pregboats?

SugarMousePink Sat 26-Jun-10 13:55:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Poppiesway1 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:01:37

Magicglassesfairy just wondering how you got on with the carpet beetles? I’ve discovered I have these today and am gutted. Only found out as had a sofa removed prior to new one arriving next week. They’ve made a right mess under he sofa!!! angry

Poppiesway1 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:02:28

Sorry.. zombie thread!
I swear it said 2017 when I looked at the date!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: