Talk

Advanced search

please share my carpet beetle pain

(9 Posts)
Magicglassesfairy Wed 23-Jun-10 22:14:26

Nice man from the council has told us we have carpet beetles.
DP fed up of me crawling around the floor spotting them so thought I might get sympathy here.
We have to freeze or hot wash ALL clothes - apart from those they have already eaten. They have eaten carpet in DD's room and who know what else - we have to pull out all furniture (that'll be a first), loads of hoovering, sprinkling evil powder etc ....
Anyone esle had the same and beaten them?

hellymelly Wed 23-Jun-10 22:17:17

No,but I invite you to share my moth pain as they have just eaten my vintage 50's couture Dior dress that was worth a bomb and cost me a fiver .Sob.WAR has been declared.Are carpet beetles woolly bears?

littleducks Wed 23-Jun-10 22:19:49

what powder do you have to use?

Magicglassesfairy Wed 23-Jun-10 22:19:54

Wooly bears are the name of the larvae - but are also the name of something else's larvae too.
I DO share your moth pain. Mine have eaten hole in cashmere cardigan and all merino wool jumpers.

Magicglassesfairy Wed 23-Jun-10 22:20:59

Little ducks
Council man said cheap ant powder - he said they were all the same but powder rather than spray cos then the particles stay in the carpet (yuck).

JennyPiccolo Thu 24-Jun-10 22:55:08

i just got back from holiday and have discovered an infestation of them.

Am beyond dealing with it, going to B&Q tomorrow to buy sealer to seal the skirting boards as i think they're coming in from next door. I'll get some powder as well. Is it safe to use when pregboats?

SugarMousePink Sat 26-Jun-10 13:55:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Poppiesway1 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:01:37

Magicglassesfairy just wondering how you got on with the carpet beetles? I’ve discovered I have these today and am gutted. Only found out as had a sofa removed prior to new one arriving next week. They’ve made a right mess under he sofa!!! angry

Poppiesway1 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:02:28

Sorry.. zombie thread!
I swear it said 2017 when I looked at the date!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now