cleaning bath mats

(9 Posts)
giveitago Tue 06-Apr-10 19:14:10

What's the best way.

DH showers after me and thinks it great to leave the mat in the bath - the little black mould staings are starting - how do I get rid of the stains or at least stop them spreading?

help please..

cyb Tue 06-Apr-10 19:20:06

scrub with fairy liquid and bleach mixture.

or better still get dh to do it

sylar Tue 06-Apr-10 19:23:22

Shove it in the washing machine. Ours goes in every fortnight and is fine.

giveitago Tue 06-Apr-10 19:26:14

Yeah - I put it in the machine weekly no difference!Agh

OK I'll try the bleach and washing liquid but I was always told the fumes are dangerous . But hell, I'll give it a go - I love that mat!

many thanks

serendipitysally Tue 06-Apr-10 21:35:14

OMG, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Never thought of putting bathmat in the washing machine. Think you may have just helped make my life a bit easier!
Don't you find it's all those niggly little things that add up to making you an irate housewife sometimes.....and then little solutions come along and being a SAHM is satisfying once again.
I'm new here by the way and thought I'd start chatting with other mums in the evenings to keep me sane!
Thanks x hmm

Eaglebird Tue 06-Apr-10 21:49:15

Put it in the bath with some Milton solution overnight, then give it a good scrub in the morning. Goodbye mould.

JaynieB Tue 06-Apr-10 21:50:34

Milton v good. But once they take hold, they are difficult to shift.

mrsflux Wed 07-Apr-10 10:29:54

i had to chuck mine.

got a new one from john lewis which looks like the evil black mould will have a much harder time taking hold as it's smoother but still grippy enough to stop my wandering toddler slipping in the bath.

JonathanSmith78 Sat 09-Apr-16 08:08:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now