Talk

Advanced search

How many of you have a shopping trolley?

(33 Posts)
schroeder Thu 04-Mar-10 13:22:07

I didn't have a car for a bit about a year ago and I really struggled to do my shopping on foot.

So I braced myself for insults (my own mother thought I must be mad) and bought my self a trolley.

It's lovely; I can fit in all my shopping including really heavy stuff and it's so easy to pull home even my dd age 7 can do it.

I've noticed a few more of them around lately and wondered if there are any more trolley users on mn?

mrsflowerpot Thu 04-Mar-10 13:26:16

I don't, but I am waiting eagerly for somebody else to show up with one on the school run and then I will be right behind them! I really miss the pushchair for bunging bits of shopping in - on the mornings I don't work I often shop in the village on the way home from school and it's slog with shopping bags.

Not enough of a trailblazer to be the first though...

mrspear Thu 04-Mar-10 13:26:47

i have one - i don't drive and hubby works long hours to help with shopping - and it was brill. However have stopped using it nowi have the baby but it shall be kept for later!

Mooos Fri 05-Mar-10 00:23:26

I have this one and it's great. Drives really well (OH told me it's got very good wheels). I've had a few people stop me in the shops and admire it

http://www.reisenthel.com/html/products/en/ba0509.html

nomorecake Fri 05-Mar-10 09:20:22

i used to have a really good one about 5 years ago, when fully extended you could fit loads in it.
quite a trendy print on it and excellent wheels.
i used it for shopping (could get a weeks shopping in it) and taking laundry to the laundrette.
life saver.
now we have a car, and i have the pushchair so gave it away.
(and our own washing machine!)

they are great for taking down to the market and stocking up on heavy fruit and veg.

swanriver Fri 05-Mar-10 11:24:51

Me too, but mostly for school run purposes. I'm missing the buggy!
Children appalled by it though...
Invaluable for avoiding the plastic bag wrist collapse.

mollyroger Fri 05-Mar-10 11:26:54

I have a v funky one I bought from Habitat several years ago. I loved it and it was much adired and envied, especially at festivals to lug stuff onto the main fielkd for a day. i also don't drive and often end u with more than I can carry.
But tbh, now I am 40, I feel it is no longer funky and ironic and witty. I feel embarrassed!

jazzandh Sat 06-Mar-10 16:22:39

I have a gorgeous shopping trolley. My Mum brought it back from Spain, and it looks like a blue bugaboo. It's all chunky aluminium framework etc....I love it - no longer do I pop into the supermarket for a couple of bits, buy way too much and stagger home! Brillant for picnics too!

When DS was a bit smaller, he'd hitch a ride on it too.....

serenity Sat 06-Mar-10 16:27:25

I bought one a couple of years ago from IKEA. Quite a few people who took the mickey at the time now own one... grin Great for doing shopping trips without the having to take the car.

Bleatblurt Sat 06-Mar-10 16:30:36

I have one. I love it. It's great now my youngest is walking more so I don't need the buggy, but I don't have to try to lug everything my DS's need and the shopping. All fits in the trolley.grin

mamazon Sat 06-Mar-10 16:31:27

I have one. I dont have a car at the moment and as i live at the top of a very steep hill, it has made my life infinitely easier.

People have given me some light hearted ribbing about it but i don't care.

PigeonPie Sat 06-Mar-10 16:37:56

jazzandh - what is yours like? I need one which I can use as a walking frame as DS2 is getting to want to walk rather than go in the pushchair. Funnily enough, I actually started a thread in disabled parents about it a few days ago.

However, I WILL NOT have tartan!

notcitrus Sat 06-Mar-10 16:59:24

I got a really robust one from Robert Dyas with chunky handle and it's bright blue plastic. - not what I'd have chosen but at least not tartan Can't wait until ds can walk the 2-min walk to Sainsburys and back, as then I can use it again - it takes about twice as much as the pushchair if packed carefully.

Lots of trolleys round here, so great fun sometimes squeezing past them on buses with a buggy...

NoahAndTheWhale Sat 06-Mar-10 17:04:30

I'd love one but DH says no sad grin

NoahAndTheWhale Sat 06-Mar-10 17:08:16

Have just thought of eBay. I have some paypal balance grin

jalopy Sat 06-Mar-10 17:49:21

I love my shopping trolley and wouldn't be without it. Have to say, was a bit self conscious when I first stepped out with it but now I don't care.

Saw someone today with one of these. Possibly, a trendier version.

TheFallenMadonna Sat 06-Mar-10 17:51:34

I have one. I also have a pull along crate for bringing home marking.

sarah293 Sat 06-Mar-10 18:08:32

Message withdrawn

BlackYellowRed Sat 06-Mar-10 18:13:58

I'd like one. Lakeland do some nice ones, but they were out of stock when I looked.

BlackYellowRed Sat 06-Mar-10 18:15:26

Oh they are back in stock... link

mumdrivenmad Sat 06-Mar-10 22:35:03

My lovely mum bought me one after I ended up with an enormous open wound, following a very nasty post op infection. I have to stop my children from fighting over who is going to push it LOL.

fullmoonfiend Sat 06-Mar-10 22:54:21

pastimes have a marvellous swirly 60s one in their current catalogue.

BelleDeChocolateFluffyBunny Sat 06-Mar-10 23:02:44

I have one, it's from Lakeland, black and white stripes and it folds up. I've had it a couple of weeks but have used it once as I've been ordering online for a much easier life wink

MmeLindt Sat 06-Mar-10 23:08:12

I have one. A trendy one like Moos has. Very handy.

Mooos Sun 07-Mar-10 11:21:56

Mme L
I thought I was the only one with such a stylish trolley. It's travelled from Aberdeen to Kingston Upon Thames to Brisbane with me, and soon Singapore!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now