Talk

Advanced search

how to sack a cleaner

(4 Posts)
wahwah1270 Thu 12-Nov-09 10:36:14

Hello

I had a cleaner start yesterday. I'd checked her refs and they were fine. I had some keys cut for her and she started with a three hour session yesterday. Got home she'd left a note saying oh she'd run out of time - but all she'd done wsa move furniture needlessly in my baby's room. She didnt do any cleaning. I'm really upset. As a working mum i have no time. How do I get rid of her and get my keys back with out causing offence - she left both a note and an email saying she hoped i was happy with her work - when that couldnt be further from the truth.

hedgiemum Thu 12-Nov-09 11:29:33

When getting a new cleaner I always make sure I'm in the first few times they clean, give them a list of exactly what needs doing, and go round at the end to show things that have been missed (and give lots of praise for the things they've done well). Everyone's standards and expectations are different. I can imagine that this wouldn't be possible if you are working full time, but when you find a new cleaner you should do a list, and only agree to an initial fortnight trial.

You need to ask her to come round at a time when you're home, and either talk through all the things you want doing each week and give her another chance, or say you're unhappy with the work she did and ask for her key back. Beyond saying it all politely, there isn't much as you can avoid in terms of causing offence.

PotPourri Thu 12-Nov-09 11:34:51

As hedgie said. Either talk her through what you want done - and be there the first time she comes. OR just arrange to see her and ask for the key back - explaining that you don't think it is going to work out.

dozydaisy Thu 12-Nov-09 23:09:41

I think you should ask her around and point out exactly what is required of her and give her another chance before just sacking her .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now