Talk

Advanced search

yuky bath toys...sugestions please!

(8 Posts)
mrsmarzipan Tue 10-Nov-09 15:21:28

No doubt this will have been asked a hundred times before but here we go again!

Please someone tell me how to get rid of yuky black mould off bath toys. I am tired of throwing out good toys because i just don't feel they are clean enough for baby brother to put in his mouth when in the bath. Have tried putting them in dishwasher but still feel a little slimy.
Thank you in advance!

somewhathorrified Tue 10-Nov-09 16:12:24

Never tried but you could try using a toothbrush and hot soapy water, then run them through the dishwasher to 'sterilize'.

orangina Tue 10-Nov-09 16:14:26

Chuck them out. Sorry.

Surfermum Tue 10-Nov-09 16:18:42

Soda crystals are good for this. I put some on and then scrub with a toothbrush.

crokky Tue 10-Nov-09 16:20:16

If this is on the inside of squeezy toys with only a small hole that you can't really get anything into, you need to bin them.

CokeFan Tue 10-Nov-09 16:23:26

We've just chucked a load out - tried white vinegar but it did nothing. In the translucent toys you could see the black stuff but the opaque ones were probably just as bad - just not visibly dirty.

Other people have suggested using a plastic tea set, rather than bath toys which have holes in them, then at least they can't fill up with water.

mrsmarzipan Tue 10-Nov-09 20:27:50

Thanks for the tips! I will go with the majority and save myself time and effort by chucking them out!
Will give a tea set a go though.

twolittlekings Tue 10-Nov-09 20:37:21

DS uses his plastic kettle and cups (aka tea set as suggested). Likes the collander for making good noise and patterns in the water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now