Talk

Advanced search

Carpet Shampooer??? Any recomendations?

(8 Posts)
leeloo1 Sun 08-Nov-09 20:10:14

I've just started looking at these but there's such a range out there... has anyone got/used one they could recommend (or let me know not to consider), please.

We don't have pets, but the carpets and upholstery are definitely in need of a deep clean!

mummymoomy Sun 08-Nov-09 21:28:00

Hi I would highly recommend Bissell - we got ours from Idealworld and its fantastic - dd's had managed to grind blueberries and weetabix in to the carpet and we've sold the house - the Bissell got every last stain out and carpet looks like new!

motherlovebone Sun 08-Nov-09 22:43:24

we rented a Rug Doctor from a supermarket over a weekend, with detergent was less than £30, and it done a sterling job.

Sooty7 Sun 08-Nov-09 23:03:54

Message withdrawn

leeloo1 Mon 09-Nov-09 10:49:12

Thanks for the recommendations - mummymoomy I can relate to the food ground into the carpet! Which Bissell did you get?

And motherlovebone and Sooty7 Which supermarket did you rent the Rug Doctor one from?

motherlovebone Mon 09-Nov-09 17:52:19

Morrisons.

There is a leaflet on the rug doctor stand which tells you what to pretreat all different stains with.

i didnt do this and still had good results, my friend told me about the pre treating after i had mine done.

good luck!

fruitshootsandheaves Mon 09-Nov-09 17:54:50

I have a Bissell too, it is fab. Got a reconditioned one so it was cheaper than a new one.
its a Proheat Pro-tech 7920. Quite old now though.

mummymoomy Mon 09-Nov-09 22:39:39

Hi, our Bissell is a Pro-heat 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now