Talk

Advanced search

cleaning stairs - any tips?

(6 Posts)
WelliesAndPyjamas Sun 08-Nov-09 14:46:35

I'm not lazy about this but I do hate the hassle of getting out the hoover, hoovering each individual step, stretching the hose as long as I can get away with from the bottom then repeating it all from the top of the stairs. Oh, it just makes me feel all frustrated just thinking about it. And add to that keeping an eye on an increasingly mobile 8 month old at the bottom of the stairs.

And breathe. grin

So. What I'd like are:

- tips on how to keep on top of this day-to-day without dragging out the hoover. I'm personally acountable for a lot of it as I am shedding hair like there's no tomorrow at the mo blush

- suggestions for products etc that would help, possibly one of those non-electric floor sweepers but a mini sized one for stairs - does that exist??

Many thanks indeedy!

purepurple Sun 08-Nov-09 14:50:01

I use a dustpan and brush on my stairs. After I dropped the hoover on my head I don't want to risk doung that again grin
Or get DH to do it.

whomovedmychocolatecookie Sun 08-Nov-09 14:51:13

I have a velcro covered glove and use it to sweep all the dust and hair off the stairs and downwards, then vacuum it all up at the bottom. You only have to do it once a month or so because it gets everything off.

Naetha Sun 08-Nov-09 14:56:01

I like the idea of a velcro glove - where did you get it from, or is it a diy jobbie?

whomovedmychocolatecookie Sun 08-Nov-09 19:26:42

Lakeland but they discontinued them. I believe you can get them at pet stores though.

WelliesAndPyjamas Sun 08-Nov-09 21:34:05

thanks all

love the velcro glove idea - will check out pet shop this week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now