Talk

Advanced search

Washing machine fabric conditioner drawer filled with water

(11 Posts)
extremelychocolateymilkroll Sat 07-Nov-09 16:42:35

Whenever I put fabric conditioner in the little drawer in the washing machine it's always filled with water after the machine has finished its cycle. I tend to use a sponge to soak up the water as I can't see a way of getting the drawer out without breaking it. It's an old Bosch machine we inherited when we broke the flat. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve the problem? TIA

missmama Sat 07-Nov-09 16:47:04

Mine does this if I overfill it with the softener.
Are you only filling to the line?

sarah293 Sat 07-Nov-09 16:47:58

Message withdrawn

Sagacious Sat 07-Nov-09 16:59:45

It needs a good clean TBH.

I have a bosch and it does it. You should be able to get the drawer out (theres usually a tab you have to press to release it but its virtually impossible to see it on mine)

If all else fails scrub what you can and try wiggling a bottlebrush in any likely tubes downwards.

hth

bamboobutton Sat 07-Nov-09 17:02:41

it definitly needs a clean.

i did mine the other day as it was filling with water and it was disgusting! underneath was all clogged up in black, mouldy soap scum.

it was imensly satisfying to clean thoughgrin

MoreCrackThanHarlem Sat 07-Nov-09 17:03:30

Mine does this.
I use a cotton bud to poke in the holes above the fabric conditioner compartment and clear out any gunk.
Then run a quick wash with no conditioner.
Hth

ChasingSquirrels Sat 07-Nov-09 17:03:32

my bosch does it too
I have tried creaning it out (really good clean then put the drawer in a dishwasher cycle), still does it. I just leave it with the water in it now.

nannyl Sat 07-Nov-09 17:48:47

ditto chasing squirrrels

EyeballsintheSky Sat 07-Nov-09 17:54:14

Mine does too. Hotpoint I think and getting on a bit now. I used to clean it out every time but I can no longer be arsed and I now leave it

rey Sun 08-Nov-09 14:56:16

Read recently that you do have to wash it out as it does clog up every now and then. Thought mine had broken when I first realised and my machine isn't that old.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Sun 08-Nov-09 15:52:46

Thanks for all your replies. I don't think I'm overfilling it. I've looked more closely and there's a picture of a finger so have pushed down on this and - hey presto - it's come out - so will have a go at cleaning it. Normally I would just ignore it but there's so much water in it that when I open the drawer water tends to slosh out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now