Talk

Advanced search

Dealing with all the paperwork that comes through the letterbox

(6 Posts)
NancyBotwin Thu 05-Nov-09 12:18:20

What do you do with it on a daily basis? I have the long-term storage sorted out for bills, important documents, etc but it's what to do with things as they come in - don't have time to do filing every day.

So I usually end up with a pile of post in the hall - either to be filed, shredded or thrown in the recycling. I could put filing trays there to store it until I can deal with it but would look a bit officy. And then there are all the receipts...

Any ideas?

MitchyInge Thu 05-Nov-09 12:49:25

I burn it (this is the new tidy me)

NancyBotwin Thu 05-Nov-09 13:12:04

Before or after reading? grin

jetforkesandbonfires Thu 05-Nov-09 17:02:10

wasnt that a film - burn after readinggrin

For ages, i thought it meant Reading, as in the place blush

MrsTittleMouse Thu 05-Nov-09 17:05:44

I don't do it at the moment, but the most effective thing for me was to do the "touch each piece of paper once" rule. So rather than... picking it up, looking at it, putting it down, making a big pile, shuffling through the big pile, sorting out half the big pile, losing a vital piece of paper (you get the idea). Instead... I pick up the post, open it, dump the junk, pay the bills and make the filing pile (which gets filed by DH at the mo as I can't reach the boxes - I'm too short.

NancyBotwin Thu 05-Nov-09 20:50:42

And what do you keep the filing pile in? I'm worried that if I put the stuff for filing into something that thing will become the file iyswim... but I am trying to get rid of piles of papers hanging around

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now