Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used a compact tumble dryer?

(7 Posts)
mummalish Tue 03-Nov-09 10:24:42

We dont really have the space for a tumble dryer, and I have used washer/dryers before, so dont want one of those.

I have noticed on amazon that they sell a compact table top dryer, so was just wandering if anyone had used one and if it is useful?

I do a load of washing every day, and just need some help with it drying.

kcartyparty Tue 03-Nov-09 21:31:43

Had never seen one of these before. Googled it just now. How cute is that grin

Am not sure if any good. I have a compact one, not table top, and I love it.

The energy rating is a bit high on the tt one, so I would use it for emergencies only!!

ladylush Fri 06-Nov-09 17:46:11

Yes, we have a compact table top one. We bought it when we lived in a flat with a small kitchen but lots of cupboards in the hallway - so stored it in there. It was great when we had to dry baby clothes in the winter. Have just started using it again now that I have another baby. It probably does cost more to run but it works perfectly well and I don't want to buy a full size one til this one conks out.

wonderingwondering Fri 06-Nov-09 17:51:56

I had one in my flat - my sis in law now has it and it is still going after 15 years! It was handy, but you need to split a full washing machine load into two dryer loads. Was much better than having stuff hanging around the house.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 07-Nov-09 00:26:29

we have a white knight 372w

is fab - think was £115

LyraSilvertongue Sat 07-Nov-09 00:35:39

I have a White Knight compact. It takes about three quarters of a full wash load at a stretch.

ladylush Sat 07-Nov-09 13:36:02

Mind, you half of our clothes can't be tumble dried anyway so works out ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now