Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Vomit on carpet - urgent help needed!

(6 Posts)
TheBossofMe Tue 03-Nov-09 09:35:14

Help! DD1 had horrendous vomiting thing overnight. She's all well now, but her carpet is not so lovely. Big browny vomit stains (even though we cleaned immediately with Milton and Flash), and even worse is the smell. We might have to rip it out if we can't get rid of the smell - at the moment, I can't even go into her room because its so bad. Any suggestions? Am posting in a couple of places because am fairly freaked out that a small child can produce so much puke!

RainbowSparklers Tue 03-Nov-09 10:30:52

When My DD was sick on the carpet I scrubbed it with dettol and left windows open and then when it was dry I sprayed it with some carpet freshener foam stuff (can't remeber the name) and finanlly hoovered the carpet. It worked a treat.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 03-Nov-09 10:32:13

bio washing powder sprinkled over it and then leave it for a bit. Even if it bleaches the carpet a bit its way better than sick.

TheBossofMe Tue 03-Nov-09 11:41:32

Anything is way better than sick - thanks for the tips!

anxiousmumof2 Tue 03-Nov-09 11:43:53

Bread soda. It is amazing at removing smells. Sprinkle on dry carpet. Leave it about an hour and hoover it up.

Make sure it is bread soda though and not baking powder.

HSMM Tue 03-Nov-09 11:59:21

I think I remember someone telling me shaving foam once?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now