Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher stopped cleaning properly

(14 Posts)

Leaves little dried on bits on dishes, not pans, but say coffee cups!! Filter is clean, what else can I try? It's done this for the last few washes now

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 03-Nov-09 08:36:43

Have you checked that the arm that spins round at the top isn't blocked? You can take this out and rinse it - it's usually (in my house) blocked with pieces of sweetcorn. Odd, as we don't really eat much sweetcorn ...!

AtleastbeCYBILtoeachother Tue 03-Nov-09 08:36:44

have you tried having a poke around in the holes in the spinny things at the top where the water comes out?

Dh appalled us both by the amount of shite he found in ours. or run it empty with some white vinegar in it?

<kim and Aggie emotion>

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 03-Nov-09 08:38:24

You can also buy tablets that clean the dishwasher (Sainsbury's own are much cheaper than Finish or other such brands).

Bonsoir Tue 03-Nov-09 08:38:28

First run some dishwasher cleaning product through it, and then clean the filter and the outlet tube.

Uriel Tue 03-Nov-09 08:39:20

Are you loading it so that the arms are free to move properly - do you check they spin before you put the dishwasher on?

abroadandmisunderstood Tue 03-Nov-09 08:52:50

got the same problem. Am off to clean my spinning bits.

ooh i didnt know the arm itself needed cleaning, will check thanks, are they easy to get off? - yes, i do make sure it can move otherwise it makes an awful noise
Am running it at the moment empty but will also get some of the dishwasher cleaning stuff, thanks everyone

actually i might stop it

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 03-Nov-09 08:56:12

Underneath the spinning arm, in the centre, is a bit you can unscrew.

right off to stop it, too interested!

ok, can't stop, full of suds
my spinning arm seems to be on the bottom, is that what you all mean? and water comes out of a squirty looking thing at the top?

well filter clean, spinny arm bit and squ9irter had a bit of a clean but they didnt seem to come apart or be too dirty, and it's still not cleaning

aha got spinny arm further apart and found a load of plastic in it hmm Trying again...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now