Advanced search

Those things that suck moisture out of the air to help prevent mould/ mildew

(10 Posts)
MustNotEatCake Mon 02-Nov-09 10:22:00

Not dehumidifiers- something smaller and non-mechanical to put in wardrobe and protect clothes. Have seen them at someone's house once... What are they called and where would I buy them please??

5inthehousesofparliament Mon 02-Nov-09 10:24:45

CAn't remember what they are called (damp traps?) but we got some from B&Q last year.

DaftApeth Mon 02-Nov-09 12:38:04

Something like this?

I'm sure there are others on same website and from other places but all do a similar thing.

sunnyshine Mon 02-Nov-09 12:43:05

asda in the pound section! we have them at the windows!

mabh Mon 02-Nov-09 16:01:42

Or you could try the Lakeland catalogue/website. I have an egg-shaped thing that does this job

SweetApril Mon 02-Nov-09 22:08:25

We had these many moons ago. They worked quite well. Was handy being able to "recharge" them in the microwave. Def didn't get them from the Telegraph though. John Lewis, I think. Also try Amazon here Quite a few choices in the "customers also bought" bit if you scroll down.

PinkyRed Mon 02-Nov-09 22:21:41

Lakeland have them.

Lakeland have everything.

Curiousmama Mon 02-Nov-09 23:16:11

funny dp and I were looking for these today. We saw them when in Spain and could do with them for the closet.

LetThemEatCake Tue 03-Nov-09 20:45:23

you're all brilliant. Thanks loads smile

jamaisjedors Tue 03-Nov-09 22:09:55

Oh we need some too - we moved some clothes last week and there is actual mould on the walls and shoes [boak]!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now