Talk

Advanced search

Best type of floor cleaners/mops etc?

(8 Posts)
mummalish Mon 02-Nov-09 07:33:30

I have a cleaner (so grateful for her), who uses a mop, the old fashioned type. I really dont like it, as I think they just spread filth, but she insists on it. I would personally clean the floor with a cloth on my hands and knees, but of course, I am lazy clearly, hence my need for a cleaner.

Anyway, was thinking of possibly buying another type of mop or device for her to clean the floor (laminate) with, one that is easy for her to use and easy to clean and pack away. I really dont like the mop we have, as it is always wet and dirty looking.

What can you advise?

Thanks in advance. xxx

Housemum Mon 02-Nov-09 13:29:10

Anyone got any ideas? (I asked Aggie a similar question on the webchat but she didn't answer!) - I use a Vileda, same thing but j-cloth strips instead of string but I know what you mena, it just feels like you're spreading the dirt around!

bamboobutton Mon 02-Nov-09 13:36:41

what about those mops that you attach i giant wet wipe to. you just mop up and bung it in the bin.

a slatterns dream!

brimfull Mon 02-Nov-09 13:41:12

this e mop is the best I have used

brave of you to make cleaner swap mops though
my cleaner made me change my vileda one to an old fashioned one

but now I do it myself I use e mop
tis so easy

brimfull Mon 02-Nov-09 13:43:00

just offto clean the floor you have reminded me

MrsBadger Mon 02-Nov-09 14:01:12

I have one a bit lik ethe e-cloth one
[rummages] thus

it is fab for laminate as it doesn;t get the floor too wet

brimfull Mon 02-Nov-09 14:13:26

I have mop envy now mrsbadger-yours has a scrubbby bit!

mummalish Mon 02-Nov-09 14:56:37

OOOh, I am loving the Lakeland cleaners. Thank you.

I did buy her some floor cleaning wipes, as when I did clean the floor myself, I would just get on my hands and knees and give it a once over, at least I got into all the corners etc. But alas, I cant expect her to do that. Every week she leaves the dirty mop out to dry out and it just hangs around taking up space ( I know there are worse things in the world).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now