Talk

Advanced search

Washing powder dosage... and my new washer isn't rinsing?

(7 Posts)
vastingavay Fri 30-Oct-09 14:12:25

I've actually measured the powder for once, but there's still bubbles when the cycle ends.

I don't have the manual anymore, but does the Hoover Optima system have anything to do with needing less powder?

SqueezyCheesyPumpkin Fri 30-Oct-09 18:38:10

Bump.

MrsBadger Fri 30-Oct-09 19:13:58

try again with half the recommended amt of powder - I do this even with nappies or else I get a bubbly residue and the clothes still stink of detergent

lots of the new systems use less water (v green) so don't rinse as prolifically as the old-fashioned ones

vastingavay Fri 30-Oct-09 22:59:04

I've been reducing the amount of powder and there's only about a tablespoonful now, I just worry that it's not going to get the clothes clean.

MrsBadger Sat 31-Oct-09 16:09:54

hmm how clean do you want them?
if it gets the paint / mud / yoghurt out I don't care how little powder I use

vastingavay Sun 01-Nov-09 10:39:27

I know, I know! blush

It's more the bodily fluids I'm bothered about though. I hate BO fumes from ironing an under-washed shirt.

snoozealot Thu 05-Nov-09 01:06:35

sounds like it's something to do with your wash cycle - is it an eco wash? my manual (for a naff zanussi, not happy with it) recommends using liquid detergent for 40degree washes- had to do this anyway as it doesn't take all the powder away from dispenser, and was then adding it to the final rinse. nice. despite the engineer coming out the machine is apparently "faultless".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now