Talk

Advanced search

Arghh ... DS wrote on my mums leather sofa with biro

(10 Posts)
Doublebuggy Sun 25-Oct-09 20:49:41

Help - What should I do?

BratleyEatsBrainsForBreakfast Sun 25-Oct-09 20:55:00

Grovell and apologise profusely! grin

As for getting it off, aparently hairspray and rub with a cloth. Never tried it though so can't say for sure!

Good luck!

ShinyAndNew Sun 25-Oct-09 20:56:23

Magic Eraser by JML they get everything off.

brightredballoon Sun 25-Oct-09 20:59:54

What colour is the sofa? Ours is a deep brown but antique effect and saddle soap (what they use on horse saddles) got blue biro off.

essanel Sun 25-Oct-09 21:06:33

we have a white leather suite and an artful hmm 3 year old and i can confirm hairspray does work.... you have to be quick and wipe after you spray or it goes all gooey..... the only other thing is that you end up having to clean whole suite cos the bit you have hairsprayed really stands out!

BratleyEatsBrainsForBreakfast Sun 25-Oct-09 21:18:19

lol, my friend has a white leather corner sofa and decided to clean a mark off it and ended up spending a couple of days cleaning another bit, then another bit, then another bit, as each time she put the cloth to a mark it highlighted other marks!
She said she wished she'd left the first damn mark by the time she'd cleaned the whole thing! grin

littleducks Sun 25-Oct-09 21:24:29

It'll be fine, thats why leather sofas are great with kids

The leather expert guy said to 'treat it like skin' when caring for it and to gently rub with your thumb till it disapeared over a week or two

I wash off everything with plain water/soap and water/leather cleaner

Mine is cream so does need a good wash now and then

Doublebuggy Mon 26-Oct-09 19:06:25

Thanks all. I knew I would get the answer here. smile

BrigitDeathEaters Mon 26-Oct-09 19:14:55

Baby wipes work a treat on leather. I clean mine about once a month with them! Gets biro off no trouble.

cakeslover Wed 28-Oct-09 13:55:27

hairspray, saw it in "how clean is my house"!! good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now