Talk

Advanced search

FRIDGE FREEZER WATER/ICE MAKER OR NOT?

(9 Posts)
hifi Thu 22-Oct-09 18:06:46

would love extra freezer space but with the above it decreases. so shall i just go for a bog standard?

hifi Thu 22-Oct-09 20:09:51

anyone?

Katz Thu 22-Oct-09 20:11:42

we have an american style fridge/freezer and we opted to go for no ice maker/water dispenser, mainly because we reconned that we would use it for about 10mins, but the extra space and invaluble.

Heated Thu 22-Oct-09 20:14:57

We have one plumbed in but don't use it as often as we should as I haven't got round to buying more filters. It's a bit of a behemoth so freezer space not an issue.

JeMeSouviens Thu 22-Oct-09 20:16:49

We have one, use the water/ice all the time, as our tap water is horrid. There is still enough storage space in the freezer for us.

nightmareteamgirl Thu 22-Oct-09 23:05:49

I have built in ice & water dispenser and love it and would never give it up for the extra 3 boxes of fishfingers organic white fish that it takes up the space of

Yes I did use it more for the first few weeks, but I stil use it loads now, and combined with my wine cooler I have cold wine in less than 10 mins Hurrah!

Also if you can find it and run to it get the one witht he fold down shelf in fridge door for drinks. Worth its weight in gold that

jasper Thu 22-Oct-09 23:11:16

I had this very debate on mumsnet some years ago!
I decided to get the one with water/ice dispenser.It was very nice.

However..

Have since moved house and left it behind and would NOT get that type again. Just unnecessarily fancy for me!

also our tap water is great.

hifi Fri 23-Oct-09 10:20:51

thanks everyone, we do drink lots of filter water from a jug so maybe i will get one.

MacaroonIncident Fri 23-Oct-09 10:23:25

i adore mine
its SO SO good i use it all the time.
i love curshed ice on a nice cranberry juice, visiting kids love it - we still use it 4 years down the line

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now