Talk

Advanced search

grocery shopping spending

(10 Posts)
happyharry Mon 19-Oct-09 16:37:45

Sorry I think this has been done before but how much so you spend on your weekly shop?

MitchyInge Mon 19-Oct-09 18:32:44

have cut down hugely in past couple of years, not sure EXACTLY how much I spend now as don't shop in one big lump - we have a veg box which I think is about £25 and I top up with stuff from the farm shop as and when I pass it, or might pick up bread or milk from garage when filling up with diesel

used to spend anything from £100 to £200 on shopping delivery, but that would include flowers and other inedible stuff - it's quite easy to spend a lot at waitrose I think, am almost a supermarket free zone except have been in Lidl twice recently and got fruit and cheese and some laundry detergent

am not the world's best at keeping track of how much things cost though

MadameCastafiore Mon 19-Oct-09 18:35:22

Hane ocado deliver once a week - comes to beteen £85 and £120 for the 4 of us - that includes all toiletries as well though.

Mousey84 Mon 19-Oct-09 20:35:38

Last month (I do one big shop per month), including toiletries was £117.93 for me and dd, plus various meals for mindees that add up to roughly an extra 2 kids (have some just for breakfast, some just for lunch, some just for dinner). Plus another £43.79 in top up shops - milk, bread, yoghurt and fresh fruit etc.

Month before was a little higher due to mindees being around more - it was £152.95 and £59.92 in top ups.

Average since I started CMing full time is approx £170pm, so roughly £40 pw including toiletries.

Next time you shop, put the receipt on the fridge door. For every bit of food you throw out, circle the price in red. For every thing you use, mark in another colour. At the end of the week you will see exactly how much you wasted vs used vs bought and stuck in cupboard.

Romanarama Mon 19-Oct-09 20:37:35

I'm going to do that receipt thing. I spend around 200 euro per week for 5 of us.

Twitmonster Mon 19-Oct-09 20:43:27

I have sainsbury's delivery once a month - £200-250, although have been known to go a bit above that. (2 birthdays in one month though) blush and then £30-40 a week on top. At various times I spend more in the shop depending on birthdays.

Sidge Mon 19-Oct-09 20:46:25

I spend about £50-80 per week depending on whether we have run out of expensive things like washing powder, toiletries etc.

That's for 5 of us.

duckyfuzz Mon 19-Oct-09 20:47:37

pretty similar to twitmonster, a big sainsburys shop for the basics and toiletries etc abotu £200-250 a month, top up milk, eggs etc and get veg/salad/fruit box weekly so about £40 a week on that, there are 4 of us, DTs have school dinners, DH gets free lunches and I pay £1.40 a day for mine

pushmepullyou Mon 19-Oct-09 21:25:04

I spend £280 per month on Sainsbury's shop plus (most) top up shops. Plus £10 per week on veg box.

That includes toiletries/cleaning products and food for 3 fat cats though.

I also do a toilet roll/kitchen roll/dishwasher tabs/washing powder run to costco about once every 2/3 months and spend about £100

nightmareteamgirl Tue 20-Oct-09 00:22:53

About £60 per week. As in some weeks nothing other £80-£110

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now