Talk

Advanced search

How much should it cost for ironing service?

(9 Posts)
callmeovercautious Mon 19-Oct-09 15:40:45

Is £1.50 per lb alot?

Heated Mon 19-Oct-09 15:54:37

No idea, that seems an odd way to price it, since lb of shirts is going to take longer than a lb of tea-towels (not that I get teatowels ironed!)

I pay £8 an hour and she's quick. Sent my entire week's worth of laundry, including all bedding and dh's shirts & it came to £16. To get a sense of scale, the previous woman who did our ironing seemed to think it was our responsibility to stop her having to claim benefits and wanted closer to £50, which was more per hour than I earn, and at that point we parted company grin

callmeovercautious Mon 19-Oct-09 18:14:20

Thanks Heated smile I have a large bin bag which wieghs about 20lb so £30 for one big bag? I think that's alot but no one else around here seems to do it.

Heated Mon 19-Oct-09 20:44:18

You could do a post code search, either on here on MN or just on the net, and see if anyone can recommend someone.

nightmareteamgirl Tue 20-Oct-09 11:12:03

The shop near me charges by the lb, but I odnt know how much per lb

£30 for a large black bin bag or ironing is pricey but within ball park.

I prefer to use a person who charges by the hour now, as the ironing shop burnt several thing sad by , I think, trying to do it too fast.

maigwa Sat 20-Oct-12 12:00:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Mintyy Sat 20-Oct-12 12:03:18

I pay £10 for 12 items in London. I only use the service for shirts, so I just send 12 shirts. The only other things I iron are pillow cases and some tops and they only take a few minutes to do.

firsttimemama Sat 20-Oct-12 12:28:30

My cleaner does it for £8 per hour and she is quick too - same as Heated's. I'm very pleased with that.

Karbea Sat 20-Oct-12 14:58:10

I pay £2 per lb so seems ok to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now