Talk

Advanced search

FFS! Somehow a huggies pull up has ended up going through the wash

(5 Posts)
citybranch Mon 19-Oct-09 13:43:07

And now there is white fluff all over my dark washing!
It has been one of those kind of weeks. I'm guessing DS has helpfully put the pull up in there when I wasn't looking.
What can I do? Wash it again? Everything is covered in it, including my lovely new indigo jeans. Will they ever be the same again? sad

StealthPolarBear Mon 19-Oct-09 13:44:21

oh dear
based on tissue experience id say get it out, get as much fluff off as you can, clean the drum & then rewash
what a pain!

citybranch Mon 19-Oct-09 14:32:29

thanks. Also worrying it may knacker the machine!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 19-Oct-09 14:36:22

Do you have a tumble drier? I don't know about the stuffing used in nappies and so on these days, but tumbling clothes that have somehow gone through the wash with tissues gets the tissue off.

Remember to clean the filter, though. grin

leeloo1 Tue 20-Oct-09 12:10:39

Bless, it could have been a lot worse... I use washable nappies and had a habit of putting the (folded) pooey liner on the top of DSs regular washing basket. I'd then empty it down the toilet when DS was changed - all good.

Except the time when I had relatives over, so skipped the rinsing bit, thinking I'd do it later... except I forgot all about it and it got buried in other clothes later.

I only remembered what I'd done when I got a (very full) load of washing out of the machine and couldn't work out why everything was covered in tiny bits of food - until I found some lumps of poo in the machine and then had to spend hours rinsing all the poo off under the tap, then rewashing all the clothes! yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now