Talk

Advanced search

please wish me luck

(16 Posts)
MitchyInge Mon 19-Oct-09 08:26:27

new cleaner is starting today, she is probably the one who needs all the luck in the world

we are so skanky nobody ever copes with us for long

MamaG Mon 19-Oct-09 08:28:30

you minger

MitchyInge Mon 19-Oct-09 08:29:25

yup!

MitchyInge Mon 19-Oct-09 11:53:47

Gah

she wants to come back after a professional company have blitzed the place

o me miserum, shame etc

MitchyInge Mon 19-Oct-09 15:26:11

ok another one coming tomorrow night

if she also runs away screaming I might just have to have the whole place towed away by environmental health and blown up in some sort of controlled explosion and just start again?

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 19-Oct-09 15:32:40

Good Luck smile

How bad is it?

MitchyInge Mon 19-Oct-09 15:52:02

I didn't think it was THAT bad blush - have mucked the kitchen out and just have a few piles of paperwork to file and a couple of piles of laundry that might be ironing or might be dirty or some hideous mix of both

I suppose underneath the mess it's pretty grubby blush

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 19-Oct-09 19:52:49

Hey look. Mine ain't that good at the moment. Can you have a big clear up and blitz before the next one comes?

<<nosey>> are they springers on your profile, and a great dane?

(Both are in the top 3 of dogs I would love to have)

MitchyInge Mon 19-Oct-09 20:01:19

yes! the liver and white springer is mine, the great danes and any others are dogs that either come to my group or I walk individually (have about 5 now, am collecting them )

I love giant breeds almost as much as I love springers - what's the other in your top 3? springers of course wildly differ from danes in terms of exercise requirements!

I am decluttering (is that a real word?) quite drastically before tomorrow night, but I have a really good feeling about this next prospective cleaner - if she can sort of muck out round us and just raise the general level of cleanliness I'll be more than happy

(it's got bad mostly because I've been house-sitting fairly continuously for 5 different places since the start of the summer holidays so while I've been popping in and out of my own house everything has been neglected)

Mousey84 Mon 19-Oct-09 20:24:58

I have no idea how much a cleaner or professional company would cost, but do you think if you got a professional company in to tackle the house, then you might be able to keep on top of it afterwards?

MitchyInge Mon 19-Oct-09 20:37:48

hopefully, with someone coming in to do a few hours a week - yes I think so!

MitchyInge Tue 20-Oct-09 18:53:43

new one should be here soon - I can hardly contain myself

PLEASE let her say she can help us

PoisonToadstool Tue 20-Oct-09 18:55:51

How many hours a week are you having? Because if it's less than 4 I can't see how a cleaner can improve week-on-week, IYSWIM?

Why not do as the other one said, get a prof. company in to do a massive clean in one go?

What's the main problem (or problems) in the house?

MitchyInge Tue 20-Oct-09 20:00:33

She is lovely, has a german shepherd and a newfoundland and kittens and tortoises I really really like her

First they are coming as a team to declutter and clean and then we'll sort out hours to maintain - am v happy with price agreed for initial blitz. It's all a bewildering mess at the moment, but she didn't seem worried.

We used to tick over quite nicely with just 3 or so hours a week, whatever it takes really. Forgot to ask what hourly rate was.

nightmareteamgirl Fri 23-Oct-09 11:12:13

Out of interest how much for the blitz?

MitchyInge Mon 26-Oct-09 20:31:20

£150 for 1st 3 rooms on ground floor, would only have been £100 without the decluttering

they're doing an amazing job, everything is gleaming - walls, windows, floors

might as well just go the whole hog and ask for a price for rest of house (luckily it is a v small house), they even take the laundry away and bring it back clean and ironed (£15 per large bag, about a load and a half)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now