Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth my putting the washing out today?

(12 Posts)
cyanarasamba Sun 18-Oct-09 10:06:34

Washer is not going to finish till 1045. Lots of little fiddly things to peg out.
Forecast is sunny intervals, 11 degrees c.

I'm thinking maybe not? Alternative is sling it over the airer, will take about 2 days to get properly dry.

LIZS Sun 18-Oct-09 11:38:09

I will be , yesterday it got almost dry from lunchtime.

shinyshoes Sun 18-Oct-09 11:59:52

get it out there, mines out, it was yesterday as long at it isn't damp or raining out it dries

SlartyBartFast Sun 18-Oct-09 12:03:53

i too do a wash eveyr day, i would have to be stopped from doing on christmas day i am sure.

sarah293 Sun 18-Oct-09 12:09:53

Message withdrawn

cyanarasamba Sun 18-Oct-09 14:13:08

Thanks ladies. There is a breeze and we've had some sun so hopefully should be ok!

Hate having to bring it in and hang it on the airer cos it's still a bit damp.

nightmareteamgirl Sun 18-Oct-09 16:09:20

Def worth hanging out even if you bring back in, you will have got some stuff dry without the damp in house

Have you seen/ got one these portable laundry hangers which are great as you just bring them in complete if stuff isnt dry and stick it on corner of radiator/ over airer. Makes it feel less soul destroying than rehanging it all

bellavita Sun 18-Oct-09 16:10:48

I have had all the bedding out from 12.00 today - all dry smile

cyanarasamba Sun 18-Oct-09 21:04:44

Well brought it in at four thirty and I think it was dry - but difficult to tell when it's so cold!

NMG those hangers look like just what I need for all those little socks and pants! Am definitely going to get some, thanks.

Jumbs Sun 18-Oct-09 21:18:31

I got some hangers just like those linked to below from Wilkinson, 99 pence! They look just the same, ok might not be so sturdy but worth a look.

fairybubbles Sun 18-Oct-09 21:47:35

just to say you can get those hanger things in ikea and places like instore (we have bright green ikea one, I think it was about £3). They are great and if it rains you can just grab it off the line rather than try to unpeg 20pairs of socks. Would def recommend, it makes life so much easier, lol! grin

nightmareteamgirl Sun 18-Oct-09 22:49:29

Wow really jumbs ?
I shall have to go and look, as mine is very well used and getting faded smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: