Talk

Advanced search

Rusty water comes out beneath taps

(12 Posts)
Bakersman Sat 17-Oct-09 08:20:34

Does anyone (or their dh!) know what could be causing our taps to be leaking rusty water from underneath (ie where they are attached to the bath)
They are not very old - bathroom only been in for 3 years and it makes it look very very old and unsightly.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 17-Oct-09 08:34:43

I have a few questions that might help narrow the problem....
1)Do you have problems with your electricity - do your lights flicker sometimes?
2)Is your house well insulated or do you have problems with occasional drafts?
3)Do you have problems with static - signs of this can be hairs on your arms standing up?
4)Is your house quite secluded - or do you feel that you might be being overlooked (sense of someone watching you is a good indicator)
5)Do you hear odd sounds in the night - creaking, clanking or wailing?
6)Do you hear discordant music sometimes or does your radio get good reception?

Bakersman Sat 17-Oct-09 08:37:16

Are you trying to tell me the house is haunted hmm

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 17-Oct-09 08:39:46

Was supposed to be funny - wasn't it? sorry - sometimes my humour isn't humorous.

Bakersman Sat 17-Oct-09 08:41:45

Ah, lol
Sorry, bad night sleep not quite with it yet grin

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 17-Oct-09 08:42:30

Phew! I thought I'd hit a raw nerve there!

GentleOtter Sat 17-Oct-09 08:42:38

Bakersman- Try replacing the thingy that holds the tap on. You can also buy a waterproof spray that seals leaks.

OhYouBadBadKitten- OMG, we have all the above. (Wailing supplied by teething toddler and me sometimes) shock

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 17-Oct-09 08:45:26

Blimey GentleOtter shock

GentleOtter Sat 17-Oct-09 08:55:11

<hijack> The static thing is mental. My party trick is to produce sparks usually accompanied by a swear as it is pretty sore.
Starey thing looking in the window and making lots of noise is the owl so thats ok.

Bakersman Sat 17-Oct-09 20:38:30

Thanks Otter, will see if I can find the waterproof spray before going all DIY and replacing taps connector bit
Good luck with the haunted house - bet Halloween is fun round your house wink

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 17-Oct-09 20:59:01

It is really odd that some people seem to be more prone to static. Is it you, or your house GO?

GentleOtter Sat 17-Oct-09 21:06:55

Dh and ds2 are not affected at all but dd and I are and get shocks a lot eg after hoovering.
No idea why it happens but it is much worse in summer.
I had a belter from a trolley in the supermarket a few weeks ago and one of the assistants was amazed when she saw the spark and heard the crack. It was really sore.

I don't wear man made fabric. What causes it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now